ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197/200 whats the diffrance appart form 3

Nimbus Grey 197
hi all iv been over the gude section and there was a very intresting read on the dif between all the clio sport range 172 p1 + p2 and 182 cups and trophys but is the info avaliable for the mk3 ?? only reason i wanna know is my freind is looking to get one and he likes the look of the 197 but has been told the 200 had "fixes" that made it better

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
200 has ecu tweaks, faster steering rack, ugly front and 20% stiffer suspension in cup guise iirc

can be had in alien green and storm grey

Has aux in as standard afaik

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Different colour dials too iirc, as well as the dash finish being slightly different, and different colour Recaros if spec'd.

White clique
Basically, the difference between the 197 and 200 is negligable, same as the difference between a 172 and 182. Of course all owners in the updated models will feel that they are driving a rocket, but when the hype dies down it will be realised that we are talking tenths of a second max. Its all in the head, in the same way everyones first car felt like a ferarri.

There was an ECU remap avaialble from Renault for the 197s that made a decent difference to the low and mid range pull, seems that there are still a few 197s dotted about without this remap.

GTD, Lupo
hi all iv been over the gude section and there was a very intresting read on the dif between all the clio sport range 172 p1 + p2 and 182 cups and trophys but is the info avaliable for the mk3 ?? only reason i wanna know is my freind is looking to get one and he likes the look of the 197 but has been told the 200 had "fixes" that made it better

A warranty.