ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197\200 differences?

200 RS 2010
Sorry I'm sure this questions already been answered on here so feel free to redirect me or delete it but what are the main differences between a standard 197 and a 200 except the obvious 3bhp.. wondering if the differences justify the 3 grand gap in price I'd be spending to buy a miles away 200 or a close to home 197.. cheers

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If you’re chasing tenths around a track, you might notice the quicker rack and stiffer suspension. But from a quick go of a friends 200 after my 197 I didn’t notice a difference.

Get the best spec and condition you can afford. Don’t worry about one being older/newer/prettier etc

200 RS 2010
I'm just looking for a fun daily with the odd b road blast, not a track weapon. 4 grand gets me a 2007 with 57 k on it with climate control, black wheels and a changed cambelt. 7 k gets me a 2011 with 42k on it, a cambelt change, black alloys, climate and a sat nav... 8k gets me all that but a double sunroof too

2014 Clio 200t edc
I’m not sure why but I thought the gearbox in the 200 was geared differently and stronger?
I’m also sure the 200 is more ‘economical’ due to the gearbox change.
I’ve seen people change the front end of a 200 to the 197 and 197 to 200 so it does divide opinion. I prefer the 200 front end due to it being different to a standard Clio, the 197 just looked a little tame imo.