ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182's are useless...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
...in the snow. Seriously. Wide tyres + Hard coilovers + huge turning circle = Leave it at home.

Took the lady's Twingo instead. That's a f*cking riot in this weather.

It's the heaviest we've had it up in Manchester, so I took a few pics.

:cool:

DSC_0004-8.jpg

DSC_0003-9.jpg

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Chris, that looks amazing, looks right at home in the snow! But shame its not drivable in it =(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Chris, that looks amazing, looks right at home in the snow! But shame its not drivable in it =(

Don't get me wrong, it's not hard to drive in this weather, but it's no fun. The Twingo is awesome though, I'll admit, I've given the handbrake a few tweeks on wide corners.

Ragnotti eat your heart out.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Looks mint in the snow there, Manchester was pretty bad this morning for me, not many roads had been gritted.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Took the dog out earlier in my 172 and had to do a U-turn on a dual carriageway to get to Tesco, it does suck, couldn't do a lovely U-eey. Needs to be a load lighter, turn properly and have skinny skinny tyres.

Better than a few cars I've had tho. The thought of my old Cavalier 1.6 GL in the snow still makes me shudder.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yep, i got stuck in a flat carpark!!! Useless but thats on semi slick tyres and 275 profiles! lol

Focus ST-2
Mines been rubbish in the snow, had a few really hairy moments, ended up on someone's drive yesterday!

It's been really bad in Bolton I know SuperBenji's bumped his sunflower in the snow too, hit a kerb sideways and wrecked the suspension, so he now has a good excuse for coilovers now!

I went out in my Mum's hairdryer 107 the other day that was quite good fun, far better than the 182.(In the snow)

DCi 100
Think I'll set mine to soft for alittle while (Not that that's going to help) :eek:

Nice pics Chris. We've got tons here, I have stuff to do today so can't really go and mess with photos.

It hammered it down last night when I was out, had to wipers set to max and still bad visibility. Makes me very nervous to drive today.

Z4
That first photo is ace. When it's time to buy a house I'm definitely going for a RB 182.

What you all need is a tt for the snow! For once I'm having more fun than you lot lol. Esp off, give the handbrake a little bit of action, opposite lock 4 wheel drift = instant hero.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just had to take it out to the local shop. Nearly ended up leaving it on the side of the road! Couldn't get up the tiny hill to get back to my apartment blocks.

BG 182 FF
your car looks awesome m8, white turinis ftw, what coillies are they? Mine aint been to bad in the snow just a bit of wheel spin now and again

320d
Looks mint Chris. My 172 hasn't moved today. Theres people crashing everywhere around my way i'm not joining them.

alien green rs133
*yodel's from top of snow covered mountain*
"thats not snow....."

grow some you vertically challenged wimp

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Cheers fellas.

Ste, my Dad's back in Stafford now, that's not far from you, right?

Mini meet sometime? I'll bring my camera.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
not the best combo for this driving in this weather then? :rasp:

looks ace in the snow though :D

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
They aren't too bad. I nearly understeered into the kerb at the end of the street though :eek: