ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182FF vs VX220

Focus RS
If i were to take my standard 182ff on a track against a non turbo standard vx220 whod come out on top?. I know the turbos are balistic but i dont know anythign about the non turbos?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol good job the vx is basically a lotus then, vx220 would win.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
probs the clio coz vauxhalls can't handle 4 s##t

Hahahahaha!;)

The VX220 is widely recognised as one of the best handling cars, full stop. It would run rings round any Clio on a track. As said, it's an Elise with different panels and a bigger engine. I wouldn't even consider putting my Cup up against one, I'd get my arse handed to me on a plate....

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
The handling of the VX220 NA is utterley amazing - better than the Turbo version as it's lighter. On the track it's about the same straight line once you're moving as the Clio, but in the corners it could carry much more speed, assuming the driver was vaguely competent. They're very good for novices too, because the engine is solid and torquey, but not really that powerful at 144bhp, so can't really overwhelm the grip of the chassis, so the back end isn't likely to be all over the place etc. Makes them a great thing to learn about driving in, as long as you build it up gently, and take it easy at first, you'll soon be getting some great corner speeds :)

The first one I ever drove was a test drive, salesman let me go out with my mum, and the car was tatty really and needed a bit of fixing up, and had no leather, but after the drive, I'd totally have bought it if I'd had the cash in my pocket and I hadn't had to go away and think about it. It was just awesome, the way it clung to the road just boggled the mind, and I bet I was miles from the limit as obviously, I didn't wanna bin it, and I'd never driven anything like it before.

Awesome cars :)

Dan

rps13
ok he was following the sweeping generalisation that vauxhalls can't handle

but how many other vauxhall's ( and i mean vauxhall's not Holdens et cetera)

can actually cut it on a track???

I'd imagine both astra and corsa vxrs would be just as good as the Clio.

My mates one felt planted when i was in it!

arctic 182 black wheels
I'd imagine both astra and corsa vxrs would be just as good as the Clio.

My mates one felt planted when i was in it!
beleive me astra's and corsa's handle like a bouncy castle. wot about the trophy would that put a good fight against the vx

Turbos.
Depends on the driver. Average Joe would be quicker in the Clio, as it requires far less skill to drive them quickly.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
Clearly some noob who has never driven one

Any vx220 would hump a 182 on track
wouldn't waste my money on a vx personally there s##t

What are you using as a basis for comparison? Just interested to hear.

Some Vauxhalls are crap handlers, others are really good, such as the VX220, Monaro, Astra GTE. Even the Vectra GSi was half decent. Unless you have driven any, you're in no position to pass judgement. The magazines and press aren't always right, you know!

arctic 182 black wheels
slammed 182, handles if it's on rails,Vectra ya gotta be jokin, drove me uncles astra gte with calibra engine, handling was ok but nothing compared to the clio

arctic 182 black wheels
no and wouldn't want 2, if ya biggin the vx up so much why not buy 1 and stop dissing the clio, incase you forgot this is clio net, NOT charver vauxhall net

arctic 182 black wheels
Basically i just don't like vauxhalls, not bothered if they handle good, r fast or any ov that s##t, imo the vx is just a sooped up hairdressers car LOL

arctic 182 black wheels
no and wouldn't want 2, if ya biggin the vx up so much why not buy 1 and stop dissing the clio, incase you forgot this is clio net, NOT charver vauxhall net

I've owned a 'slammed' clio, and a VX, so wind it in!
so i take it you've got long hair, wear oversized sun glasses when it's not sunny and moisturise your face then u seen sense and bought a 172!!!

arctic 182 black wheels
never drove a vectra but i'v 'challenged' a few and there totally pants on roundabouts and corners

the vx220 is a series 2 elise chassis with a different engine and clams

along with elise it really is the best handling affordable car out there (that you can use day to day)

arctic 182 black wheels
the vx220 is a series 2 elise chassis with a different engine and clams

along with elise it really is the best handling affordable car out there (that you can use day to day)
but it's badged up vauxhall so that gets my disapproval straight away, if it was badged up something else i wud be cool with it