ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182ff- fit sportlines or keep standard?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
tried searching, do I fit sportlines or are the standard cup pack springs better, since moving to my 182ff from my ph1 172 I like not having crashy suspension and more internal rattles. Will my 182 be the same with them? Dont want to ruin my rattle free drive. Dom

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Just put sportlines on my 172 Cup. Highly recommended if you want a better stance but no change in driving comfort. Not crashy at all.

I had Apex on both my ph1s and they were ridiculous! Ruined the ride. I thought they were ok until I tried these Sportlines.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I have had them on my ph1 but that had almost crude suspension compared with my 182ff, I just thought cup pack suspension would be better than sportlines or is it more of a case that the shocks are where the improvement is more so than the springs?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
No idea with a 182 cup sorry mate. Never had one. I'd definitely give the Eibach's a try mate, find some second hand ones - they definitely give it a more balanced look ( my std Cup springs had the car low at the back and like a tractor up front - they've raised the back ever so slightly but brought the front right down). If you don't like the ride you can easily sell them on on here.

I would've thought all Renault Clio suspension would be 'crude'! Except for the Trophy Sachs shocks.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Well my 182 only has 40k on it and feels smooth yet stiff. Ive got some sportlines sat here but was looking to see what others had found. Cant decide if I want to molest my perfect ff

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Do it, you don't need spring compressors to fit em. Doubt it will feel any harsher than normal.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Yeah fitted them before tis surprisingly easy isnt it, good weather for it too!

RS Clio 182
Definitely fit, I did to my ff, nicer ride, nicer stance (not low but looks balanced) and steering feels more direct once settled in too! I fitted a whiteline arb after this and that made even more difference.

Twingo RS
Just done a track day with mine on Sportlines and new rear dampers. It felt good actually. I think they are perfect for fast road. And as Jon_182 says the stance is better. The main benefit ive felt is that the car doesnt dive and lurch around under braking anywhere near as much.

P1000009.JPG

Ive put a video in the track day section if you wanna see what its like on the road :p

Twingo RS
See my thread in the media section for comparisons in height. Not a lot in it!
Though from a distance today could definitely tell mine was lower.

I agree, I think mine is about 1 mm lower at the back and about 15mm at the front lol. I guess eibach are worried about people knackering the standard dampers up.

PB Clio 172
Just done a track day with mine on Sportlines and new rear dampers. It felt good actually. I think they are perfect for fast road. And as Jon_182 says the stance is better. The main benefit ive felt is that the car doesnt dive and lurch around under braking anywhere near as much.

View attachment 74774

Ive put a video in the track day section if you wanna see what its like on the road :p

off topic, this pic just shows the shabby exhaust mount. How can Renault come up with a cracking car and slack in the exhaust department yet again.

I have sportlines, money well spent they are !

Twingo RS
lol, that "shabby" exhaust mount was made by me as a quick fix when I was fabricating the exhaust. Just got a big old rubber mount and cable tied it in there. Not forking out top brass for the renault shite what will last 5 minutes :rasp:

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
my fix is rubber pondliner from work rolled into 20-25mm rolls and pushed into the gaps between the arms of the renault mount then cable tied through the hole in the middle. Job done!
Sportlines going on then