ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 zorst manifold on ph 172... would you do it??!

ph1 172 / r1 mini project
ive been offered a 182 exhaust manifold for £100, i was wandering if its worth bothering with as i know there is differing oppinions on the gains of fitting them.....

cheers

dave

Turbos.
It was thought that you needed to remove the subframe but there is actually a tool to help fit the manifold without doing this which reduces labour time, and therefore the cost. Still won't be cheap to fit...

I would bite someones hand off for a manifold for £100 though. If you don't fit it, you could make a profit selling it on anyway.

R26
Buy it.

If it's an easy swap then you'll have a bit more power. But if not then it should make you a profit on resale as Englebert has said.

Anyone know how much the fitting of a 182 manifold usually costs?

I'm tempted by this mod if I the total cost is'nt stupid

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
i had a 182 mani fitted to my old cup, it was a b*****d to fit, cost me 225 to get it fitted...

Oh and you need a pipe made up as it wont mate with the 172 system

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
It takes around 5 hours to fit the manifold as the subframe has to be removed. We also have either a decat or sports cat that can be used to match the 182 manifold upto a 172 exhaust system (standard or aftermarket).

I hope this helps.

David.