ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Xenons

BG 182
Need some help please! Noticed I have a headlight out this morning. I'm booked in for cambelt and dephaser tomorrow at ktec and they've said they'll have a look for me. Buty, do Halfords sell bulbs that will fit? So I can try this first? Or worst case, can I just put a normal bulb in for the time being until I get a balist?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Firstly . How do you know it's the ballast ? My bulbs would intermittently go out , then come back on again . I bought 2 new bulbs on the advice of others on here from .
http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/d2s-35w-hid-xenon-bulb-set/ £15.99 delivered for 2

OEM are 4300k , i bought the 5000k which are ever so slightly whiter . I've been running them for 12 months now with no problems . I think Renault wanted about £90 a bulb or something stupid .

BG 182
Firstly . How do you know it's the ballast ? My bulbs would intermittently go out , then come back on again . I bought 2 new bulbs on the advice of others on here from .

OEM are 4300k , i bought the 5000k which are ever so slightly whiter . I've been running them for 12 months now with no problems . I think Renault wanted about £90 a bulb or something stupid .
Thanks for the reply! I'm guessing its the ballast as it says about rain and then them dying on several threads/forums. I'll order these and hope that solves the problem! If not be on the hunt for a ballast. Thanks!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks for the reply! I'm guessing its the ballast as it says about rain and then them dying on several threads/forums. I'll order these and hope that solves the problem! If not be on the hunt for a ballast. Thanks!

Why not just save yourself the money and swap your current bulbs/ballasts around until you find the problem?

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Mine started to go a pinky colour soon after buying the car. Changed the bulbs and it's been fine ever since. Although I don't exactly have small hands so I had to take the bumper off and headlight itself out... Hip Hip Hooray for French design!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mine started to go a pinky colour soon after buying the car. Changed the bulbs and it's been fine ever since. Although I don't exactly have small hands so I had to take the bumper off and headlight itself out... Hip Hip Hooray for French design!

Mine were pink too before they started to fail .

RS Clio 182

The beam on mine doesn't seem to shine as far as I remember. Buying these likely to improve the distance of the beam?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The beam on mine doesn't seem to shine as far as I remember. Buying these likely to improve the distance of the beam?

That was another thing i noticed about mine , as well as going slightly pink and going on an off , they weren't lighting the road up like they did when it was new . The 5000k ones are better imo than the 4300k oem ones as they're slightly brighter / whiter ( not blue ) and they really light the road up well . You won't be dissapointed , trust me .

RS Clio 182
£11.97 for a set delivered its worth a try. They have really come down in price since I last looked! 5000k will pass MOT I presume? Might do this when I polish off the marring. Cheers

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
£11.97 for a set delivered its worth a try. They have really come down in price since I last looked! 5000k will pass MOT I presume? Might do this when I polish off the marring. Cheers
Yeah it'll pass the MOT no problem mate . They're not that much whiter than oem , just slightly . Like i said before . Renault wanted something like £90 a bulb lol .