ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 xenons on a non-sport?

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
Hello, going to pick up my second car tomorrow, another clio and want to make this a clean example with some nice mods but was wondering if fitting the 182 headlight units to a 1.2 dynamique would be a straight swap or ?????
any help would be appreciated, First post too.!!!!:)

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
that simple really? well looks like the last of my cash will be going on a set and an rs grill :D cheers

As far as I know yeah.

The auto leveling and lack of xenon jet washers might be an issue come MOT time but again I'm not 100% because I never bothered with xenons on my non sport.

Best to do a search and confirm for yourself, a fair few threads about it.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
There is NO requirement for washers and self levelling to be fitted to pass an MOT, only that if the systems are fitted, they must work.

Section 1.7 of the 2012 MOT testers manual says:

'Vehicles fitted with HID or LED headlights may have self levelling and headlamp washer systems fitted. Where such systems are fitted, they must work.'

However without washers and self levelling, the car does not meet the same standards as the EU type approval all new cars must meet (all retrofits must meet the same criteria). However, it'd take a very knowledgable copper to know this, and to be honest, most would be satisfied that the car is roadworthy and let it go.

Last edited:
The only thing I had to change from my cluster to the xenon clusters was the connector for the levelling, its easily swapped over.

This may have been due that I have an 05 non-sport changing from an 02 plate 182.

Others maybe luckier than me.

Evo 8 MR
You will need to swap the adjuster/leveller as the non sports use a manual one as opposed to the auto level on the sports. They're basically the same part but iirc it's a different shaped plug.

KUB

Dynamique
You will need to swap the adjuster/leveller as the non sports use a manual one as opposed to the auto level on the sports. They're basically the same part but iirc it's a different shaped plug.

I have a '02' Dynamique and recently bought xenon's off a '02' 172. I haven't got round to changing them over yet :( any one know if i would need to buy a different shaped plug for changing the adjuster/leveller from auto to manual?

1.2 16v clio
I have a '02' Dynamique and recently bought xenon's off a '02' 172. I haven't got round to changing them over yet :( any one know if i would need to buy a different shaped plug for changing the adjuster/leveller from auto to manual?

i bought a set the other week and its as simple as plug and play :)