ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 xenon, matching up all bulbs.

BG Clio 182
Basically, as you all know, the xenon bulbs on the 182 are pretty blue and obviously the sidelight and full beam aren't.

What colour Kelvin and bulbs would I need to get a colour match to the xenons so that they all looked the same colour? Want good bulbs if possible.

Always irritates me how they're an off white colour.

Also, has it ever been done to fit bi xenon headlights? Would it be do able? The main beam isn't terrible, but after being in a few newer cars, you realise the 182 headlights aren't all that. Lol.

Cheers.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Most OEM xenon bulbs are usually around 4300k. That's normally a very white light. It's possible that you have some aftermarket bulbs of 5-6000k if it's quite blue. It could also just be because you are comparing it to the yellow sidelights.

My advice would just be some LED sidelight bulbs as they usually match the xenon's quite well.

BG Clio 182
Most OEM xenon bulbs are usually around 4300k. That's normally a very white light. It's possible that you have some aftermarket bulbs of 5-6000k if it's quite blue. It could also just be because you are comparing it to the yellow sidelights.

My advice would just be some LED sidelight bulbs as they usually match the xenon's quite well.
Thanks for that mate. How hard / easy are the sidelight bulbs to do? Haha. Am I right in thinking that the sidelight bulbs are lit when your main beam and dipped beam are on?

What k should I go for in the sidelights then?

IIRC the sidelights will be on with main and dipped its be the first switch of the stalk lights if you know what i mean?

As for size i may be wrong but there 501 leds.
No K as such but you can buy say one with 8 led bulbs on one bulb, but when you fit em as there LED the go in one way so if you fit em and flick the lights see it dosent light up whip it out and just turn it over.

Thats a link to a 501 bulb but wait for someone to just double check i got the right one.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-T10-CA...398572?hash=item418e7c81ac:g:zsUAAOSwu4BVhVwh

BG Clio 182
IIRC the sidelights will be on with main and dipped its be the first switch of the stalk lights if you know what i mean?

As for size i may be wrong but there 501 leds.
No K as such but you can buy say one with 8 led bulbs on one bulb, but when you fit em as there LED the go in one way so if you fit em and flick the lights see it dosent light up whip it out and just turn it over.

Thats a link to a 501 bulb but wait for someone to just double check i got the right one.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-T10-CA...398572?hash=item418e7c81ac:g:zsUAAOSwu4BVhVwh
Thank you Dan,

Very very helpful. So an led bulb is always the colour it is so to speak and doesn't vary like a halogen bulb?

I just have this yellowish glow that gets right on my nerves haha. Same with the fog lights. Might get some for that too!

Will it look okay with the LED bulb like not look all modified and s**t if you get me? My mate once fitted some blue bulbs to a corsa he had and it looked w**k tbh. Don't want to go down that route [emoji23]

DSC_0346~2~2.jpg Yeah i think there all the same kinda bright white/blue and no fade but will brake over time like any bulb thiats the only PIC ive for with my lights on if it helps at all. Personally I think it looks smart but if we were all the same it'd be boreing.

BG Clio 182
View attachment 142338 Yeah i think there all the same kinda bright white/blue and no fade but will brake over time like any bulb thiats the only PIC ive for with my lights on if it helps at all. Personally I think it looks smart but if we were all the same it'd be boreing.
That looks excellent mate! Really like that a lot.

Managed to find some osram ones. They do a 4k and a 6k in the LED.

Which would be best to get rid of the yellow colour I have now? And match in the best?

BG Clio 182
There not to bad mate if you are good at getting in tight spaces [emoji14]
Lol which I won't be. Haha. My hands are reasonably big but I'll have a go. You just whack the black rubber off and pull the carrier out don't you, pull the bulb out the carrier and shove this new one in?