ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Xenon Headlight Replacement???

Hi,

I am looking for a drivers side front xenon headlight cluster for a clio 182. I am looking for used or new depending on price.

anyone know where i can source one...i've tried GSF (no) and cliospares (unanswered as yet) and a rough price?

I have one currently but due to catching my splitter on a kerb, the bumper moved slightly and has now settled back in position but the 3 or so mounting clips on the headlight cluster have have broken along with the autoleveling function. The light still works ( but levels low) so parts that can come off are interchangable im guessing????

also what work is invovled? does the bumper need to come off to be able to attach the clips that appear on the underside of the light cluster that attach to what looks to be the inner wing?

Many Thanks. sorry about the essay...

Adam

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
the drivers side light for mine cost 160 quid i think. I remember a bulb being 80 quid or something daft.

ive got a price of £130 from cliospares, im assuming this is the complete unit...

what work is involved in the changing of the unit?

cheers

Megane225FF
Guesty182 said:
ive got a price of £130 from cliospares, im assuming this is the complete unit...

what work is involved in the changing of the unit?

cheers

think you've got to take the front bumper off IIRC

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yup, its a front bumper off job to change the headlamp.

-Front bumper off
-3 bolts holding on the lamp unit
-connector blocks
-(in ur case change over bulbs, charge pack etc)
-refit

@ jimmy - i've been watchin ebay but not seen any xenons.

@ has - is this a job for the skilled and if so how much labour am i looking at? also your saying the new cluster (@£130) wont include the charge pack, so basically im getting a new shell...?

on the current cluster the xenon light unit is loose and wont height adjust so its being held in place by a cable tie... it does the job but anoys me that it points slightly low on the road ahead.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Not being funny but have you called your Renault dealer. Xenons are alot mroe reliable than normal bulbs and depending on age/mileage you might get it done under warranty.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Guesty....

It is a job you can do yourself, just have to be patient and have a spare pair of hands to help lift the bumper off car.

The Lamp you will get @£130 will be just a "shell"

Will not include any bulbs or charge pack or leveling motor.

You will have to transfer everything from your old unit.

@ cupcake...

i'm guessing renault would class this as wear n tear, also my splitter has a crack in it and they "should" twig that the 2 are combined...

the problem with the light is...

aswell as the 3 fittings that hold the light inplace being broken. inside the cluster there are 2 "ball joints" that fit into "sockets" and 1 "T" shaped. these have come loose/undone under the impact of dropping onto the kerb, i have taken the light out and tried to pop these joints back together however its looks like under the stress of the knock they have become distressed and the slightest tap makes them pop out again...

am i right in thinking it is these arms along with the leveling motor that adjust the beam???

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yup the "ball joint" is on the motor. and connects to the lamp holding it up or down accroding to position.

Mine had a similar problem, and the lamp had to be scrapped.

Once the internals are fully damaged which i think yours are too then the lamp is useless and will only point to the floor !

Mine was damaged in transit, by the fookin courrior company even tho it was well packed it took a nasty bump as packaging was clearly showing signs.

@ has

yeah mine only points to the floor but i have a cable-tie in place holding it up.

so if i get the new "shell" at £130 and transfer bulbs and leveling motor, this is all i need to do to the light before fitting?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yup, as long as your bulbs, charge pack etc.... are not damaged then you shall have no problem.

i imagine they are ok as the light still works fine apart from auto leveling...

bulbs works - obvious
is there any way to check the charge pack?
anything else to look at/check?

cheers

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
as long as the light comes on and stays on fine then charge pack is fine.

Nothign else really, just be carefull when changing the HID bulb over as they are delicate.

Put all bulbs in before putting headlight back in as its horrible trying to do it on the car!

Other then that good luck :)

yeah i've messed with the bulbs before bit fiddley.

sounds like all will be fine once a new shell arrives...

just got the fun of taking off the bumper and securing the 3 fixings in place.

cheers mate for the help

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
No probs,

Bumper is easy peasy. Just be carefull you dont scratch your wings when u pull the sides out...

just been outside to look at the bumper and havent got the foggiest where to start...

a quick guide would be much appreciated...

cheers

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Ok

-Jack front of car up or place on axle stands (easier to work)

-Each side of wheel arch where wing/bumper meet theres 1 bolt behind the arch liner (per side)

-2 x bolts holding undertray to underside of car remove them

-Pull on side of bumper to remove away from wing
(scary part as its firmly in place, may need to pull hard but be carfull)

-Top grill there are 2 x platic clips holding it in place push down centre then remove

-Remove foglamp connector block (only 1)

-Washer jets unplug

You should be able to access light once you pull bumper down

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
first time round your probably looking at about 1hr 30mins

But if ur quick with it all you can do removal/refit within 30/40mins including changing anything you need to over.

i'm a novice but my dad has worked on his cars all his life...

would you advise a novice to do it DIY or get a local garage to do it for £100 ish?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
DIY !!

You cant really mess this up.... either the bumper will come off or it wont :p

hehe

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Guesty182 said:
@ cupcake...

i'm guessing renault would class this as wear n tear, also my splitter has a crack in it and they "should" twig that the 2 are combined...

No harm in trying mate. I've seen them replaced under warranty. Save you money and alot of hassle. What have you got to loose exactly?

true... I'll give it a try first before getting my own hands dirty.

should i say i hit a pothole in the road and since the light doesnt adjust??

or what?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Guesty you can try....

All they will do is book you in and strip down the front.
If they then relise its from your error they will charge you to refit.
Also if they change your lamp they wotn give it to you for the cheaper price.

Give it a go tho and see what they say.