ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 wont start

05 IO 182 cup
Hi

Just needed to pop out in the car (2005 05 clio 182) and its not starting, last used the car for a short trip just over a day ago.

no warning lights when turning the key to 1st position, oil / petrol fine, started fine when i last went out in the car.

Turn key to ignition and car does not catch just keeps ticking over without starting, tried a few times to start without success - leaving it now as i dont want to flood it

Does anyone have any ideas what the cause could be

starter motor / fuel pump ??

thanks

05 IO 182 cup
Dont think its the battery mate, its turning over ok but not starting, lights,radio,heater blowers all seem to work fine

05 IO 182 cup
i have just read up about someones 172 not starting perhaps down to the tdc sensor

where is the sensor located near the starter motor ??

Clio Sport 172
possibly read about my 172 not starting? I cleaned my tdc sensor the other day using brake cleaner,did the job for a day or 2...back to square 1 now tho...

05 IO 182 cup
yeah have had a quick read of that mate, just trying to get the airbox off to see if i can get to the sensor, stupid question but how do i get the box off !!!

05 IO 182 cup
Im not too sure how to remove the airbox to get to the sensor - will have to call dads mate out to have a look, unfortunately no guides around online on how to remove the airbox - its probably a v simple job when you know how !!

05 IO 182 cup
Just had the airbox out and managed to get the sensor off (PITA when you have s**t tools and not a lot of room to work in !!!)

Gave the sensor a damn good clean with the old WD and the car is starting fine now, sensor was caked in s**t so fingers crossed it will be ok now, have heard that cleaning is only a temp fix and the sensor could fail, will get a new one on order if the same happens again

thanks for all of the help guys

clio sport 182
ive got the same problem, just went to start my clio 182 (05) and it just keeps turning over, im just waiting for the AA to come round and take a look at it, will let you know how i get on.

Titanium 182
My 182 was wierd when the battery went flat, normally when you try and strat they turn over once or twice then slow down like " du du....du,...du" but it didn't it just rapidly clicked.

Hooked it up to me mums 1.2 campus with the engine running for 3 mins then it started fine. :S

Twingo rs133
Ive just got my first clio and readin everyones problems aint lookin good 2 me i thought fiat was bad LOL:evil:

Titanium 182
Ive just got my first clio and readin everyones problems aint lookin good 2 me i thought fiat was bad LOL:evil:

Flat battery was my fault left radio on all day whilst machine polishing, apart from that all that's ever gone wrong is a coil pack.

172 /megane cab
got the same prob with mine changed battery and tdc and starter motor still done it took it k tec they put it in the clip they said immboiliser issue needs a new ring gave them 160 and yesterday car doin the same thing car goin to renault tonight just get ya car booked in reno