ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 with wet carpet under my seat!!!!

Milltek'd clio 182
Right after christmas i noticed my carpet by the foot pedals and directly under my seat was ringing wet, i dried it all up and had no more since, so i assumed it was the snow off my shoes on the carpet hadnt dried properly. Then 3 months ago i had the same thing, so i removed the scuttle on the drivers side and found a handful of leaves, so i removed all them. NOW!!! whilst hoovvering my car today its wet under the seat again, directly under my seat and down the right hand side of the accellerator pedal. Anyone had this problem and what it was as i have noticed the carpet lining underneath is rotten

Right after christmas i noticed my carpet by the foot pedals and directly under my seat was ringing wet, i dried it all up and had no more since, so i assumed it was the snow off my shoes on the carpet hadnt dried properly. Then 3 months ago i had the same thing, so i removed the scuttle on the drivers side and found a handful of leaves, so i removed all them. NOW!!! whilst hoovvering my car today its wet under the seat again, directly under my seat and down the right hand side of the accellerator pedal. Anyone had this problem and what it was as i have noticed the carpet lining underneath is rotten

Hmm could be that the drains are blocked? or the door seal has gone and water is collecting? Worth a try as it was both in my dads car.

Milltek'd clio 182
thanks man, i did come across this the other night mate, but its depresssing as i just want the car gone now as its doing my head in, its the most amount of money i have ever spent on a car and then to find that it leaks, poxy thing lol

Depressing I know!

I have come to accept that the rattles mean that the majority of the car is still attached in places lol :( good luck water hunting!

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
i had this, put tape over the tailgate bungs (where it smacks the main bodywork) and its been ok since

Milltek'd clio 182
well i had a butchers under my car today, an all i can see is where you put your axel stands, i noticed theres a section where the like a waterprooff black paste and when i rub it away theres like a piece of black tape covering this hole, which doesnt look to be cut out or as if something went through it, so im wondering whether its going through there. I have the black paste on the passenger side covering the same hole the other side, but its like some one has peeled all the paste and its left an outline around the passenger side, its very strange, could you please enlighten me abit more on the tailgate bung, i can see a few small drain holes under neith the car. thank you.