ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 with Turini's

Hi,
Just wondering what people thought on telling insurers about having turini's on a non-Trophy clio? Would you think i'd really have to declare them (as they're standard wheels on A clio model), or would it generally be ok? It would obviously be best to tell them, but you can guarantee if i rang up and tried to explain it they'd just make out because they're not standard they must be declared bla bla bla.
And if this is the case, who would i be best to go with or who would you recommend? I'm 21 with 3yr NCB, and so my current insurer (DirectLine) wouldn't support car mods so i'd definitely have to move, but it'd just be a case of finding who is the cheapest to be honest!
Thanks,
Matt

You need to declare them.

Someone told a story of how someone crashed and hadn't declared VW alloys from a different model on their VW. Policy void.

Flux can be good. A-Plan I've found to be brilliant. UK based FTW.

Ok thanks alot!
I will definately check them out and price up before purchasing anyway, and even if i did get some, i imagine they keep the value pretty well anyway (if i bought second hand)!

Arctic 182
Just got my insurance sorted with a company called Livingstones Warman (http://www.lwib.co.uk/) on a 182 with exhaust, suspension, wheels (turinis) and brakes mods – came in at £650, which was £400 less than what I'd been quoted with admiral (in Manchester)

If you're looking for a good company for insurance with declared Mods they're definitely worth a shout