ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 what oil?

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
im sure this is a stupid question, but im fairly stupid :), just got a 182, and other than the car decating its self (to be fixed with a genuine renault gasket set and so on) and the previous owner LOVING the curbs, its a good car, so far the oil is fine however i really need to get some more from some where in the future so really i want to use elf (recommended init) as it was what i used previously in my 1.2, however i don't no what i need book says 5w-40? yet others on here say rs 10w-40? can anyone help lol XD

Is this correct oil:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M5ZDPA0/?tag=cliospnet01-21
Says made for Renault lol :D, but is it right. Any help is appreciated and name calling is tolerated :) cheers.
:cool:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
They are a trader on here, if you message them they will recommend what's best for your needs and budget. :)

I have used the elf stuff you posted and it's fine.

Hi

Thanks for that imprezaworks.

The Elf is a decent choice, but there are plenty of other 5w-40s and we're going to have an offer starting later where there will be (I think) 20% off most oils.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT, Motul 300V, Red Line and Gulf Competition. The Motul 8100 X-Cess, Millers XF Longlife, Fuchs GT1 XTL/Supersyn, Gulf Formula G/ULE, Shell Helix and Mobil Super 3000 are good, cheaper alternatives.

Cheers

Tim

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
WOW cheers :) lol, definitely look into that quality :), need to get some pictures up of my 182 lol, got a picture of my old 1.2 atm.
anyway thanks tim, quality will definitely be using you guys in future :).
Seriously brilliant, thanks for all the help received :), once ive got the exhaust back together lol, ill get on ordering some oil :D

Cheeeers :cool:

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
20140926_185313.jpgcleaning table lol xD, gota get that shine!
20140926_185417.jpg needs work ... alot lol to get it back to shining order
20140926_185739.jpg will get round to buying some stuff to give it a proper shine get rid of them swirls
i thought i took more photos, but i must not have lol, ran out of time after cleaning getting to dark lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You must have taken more than two photos of the car, lol. Slippery slope this cleaning lark. Have fun :)