ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 waterpump on a 172 Cup (same engine, no prob??)

RS RIP
My car had a leaky waterpump, so took it to a mate and he had a look at it. He fixed it, putting on a new pump.

Since my car (172 Cup) is imported, the license-reg was registered as a 182 here in Holland, for reasons i do'nt want to get into now.

So what happened is ; My mate ordered a waterpump (Genuine Renault) going by the platenumber . So i am now driving around with a 182 waterpump on my 172. He told me the actual propellor(?) on the pump did look different to my 172 one. They were metal though, i told him if they were plastic not to buy the pump since i read bad things about them on here.

All is fine, prob solved. But strangely enough the car now seems to rev more freely (from idle on up, low revs) , and the fan pops on earlier when in slow traffic !?

Anybody who knows the different pumps care to share thoughts ? :S

ITB'd MK1
they're the same, might just be an updated part, or sourced from a different factory. Same pump as a mk1 1.8 16v and a williams too

RS RIP
Great Danny thanks.

Any thoughts on the engine now running more freely ? And the watertemp that seems to rise easier ?

Also noticed my car had a slight slip of the auxbelt on startup with the old pump; now it's gone

ITB'd MK1
well if it's getting upto temperature better it will be coming off cold start fueling easier. If it wasn't getting hot it would have been running rich and probably bogging down a bit.

I'm hoping it's had a new aux belt at the same time ;) so that would have solved the belt slipping

RS RIP
^^ no he did'nt do the aux, this was a very young belt btw. So was the pump !
Belt should have been done eh ? :eek:

will it, being a 1000mile belt, be allright ?