ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 turbo

Clio 182
I've just broken an old turbo project and have a fair few bits left so I was thinking of turboing my 182. My main question is can it be done with a standard ecu and will the standard injectors work? I would be aiming 220-240 bhp so nothing wild and no intentions of changing internals.
I've got a t25 fitment turbo so that should in theory be small enough to fit with a nice compact manifold. Water and oil feeds I've done before so ok there. I would take oil feed from a T around the pressure sensor and tap a return into the sump, water I would pinch from the feed and return to the heater matrix. I've got endless random bits of boost pipe and bends so would be able to create something there. My issue is going to be a downpipe, is there a nice cheap one available from anywhere?

big boost cup
Cast manifolds are cheap enough ktecs the only company I know off
You will need bigger injectors from a meg
And Ecu wise efi parts have just released something for low boost diy turboing

Clio 182
That kit looks pretty decent for the price. So essentially with that its a ph1 fuel rail, 3 bar fpr and 225 injectors. I take it the 225 injectors fit fine in the clio fuel rail? It would need a return run but hopefully I could just use a ph1 pump/sender and original fuel hoses and it would fit fine. Aside from that then it would just be a downpipe I would need. Does anyone else do them apart from k-tec. They have had enough of my money already 😞

Clio 182
TRW downpipe looks just the job. Time to get ordering then I think. First job it to see if I can get a 182 exhaust flange made to weld a tubular 200sx one onto. If not I'll bite the bullet and buy one

Ph1
Doubt a 200sx would fit but if you did want to do it just get a cheap eBay 172 manifold and cut the tubing off