ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 turbo question

clio 182
just a quick question could you use parts from a laguna or megane turbo F4R motor to build a 182 turbo was mainly thinking mostly of the actual block and pistons any thoughts ?

ValverInBits
interesting question
I suspect the port spacing would be the same, so the Exhaust manifold should be ok, but then what flange is fitted? U'd have to use the megane turbo and is there clearance? As for pistons, doubt it.
iirc Megane block is more like a 197 block so not compatible with 1*2 length gearboxes??? so won't fit.
This is mostly pissed speculation

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
The block is different and will not fit in the clio without a lot of work i'm afraid.

Best option is forged pistons and some decent rods.

RenaultSport cup172 TT309
You dont need uprated rods or pistons to convert to forced induction. If you only run low boost pres' say 6 or 7 psi, and as long as the spark's mapped correctly and the fueling is right you could do it without taking the head off. In other words the std engine.
If you're wanting to run high boost pres' you'll need to lower the compresion ratio somehow though. The usual/best way to do this is to replace or modify the std pistons.

SQ5
I don't see why it isn't the same as a 2.0T laguna as the engine is an F4RT, exactly the same block, just with a turbo on it!

Piston's etc may be different but the block is the same!

172 Turbo, Mini Cooper s
just a quick question could you use parts from a laguna or megane turbo F4R motor to build a 182 turbo was mainly thinking mostly of the actual block and pistons any thoughts ?

Hi I have just got my 172 Turbo'd..i'm running Forge Piston, conrods and etc...with 8:5.1 Compretion..t28 turbo...front mount intercooler...