ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 turbo failed mot on emissions.....

R35 GTR
make friends with a tester, fixed!!!

I have a good mate who does mots.....but he would never let me get away with it.

I also noticed a t---- appear on fault codes. Injector fault? Might have been when i disconnected ignition leads?

Mondeo TDCI 130
IMO its miles out, getting it hot isnt going to bring it down that much! you need to get the lambda right for the co to follow, or thats usually the case! no leaks in the exhaust anywhere? however minor?

R35 GTR
IMO its miles out, getting it hot isnt going to bring it down that much! you need to get the lambda right for the co to follow, or thats usually the case! no leaks in the exhaust anywhere? however minor?

No leaks that I know of. I told the garage to sort the blowing exhaust out first so it should be fine.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Mine failed and had to get the ECU reset by Renault.

It cost £50 to put on the machine but they did give a print out of the emmisions after.

R35 GTR
Mine failed and had to get the ECU reset by Renault.

It cost £50 to put on the machine but they did give a print out of the emmisions after.

that may be an option...but will need a good remap afterwards, or will have to keep the boost real low.

R35 GTR
they dont much anymore at all...

seriously, drop the fuel pressure.

I could try throttling the fuel line i suppose or where would the pressure regulator be?

I cannot see one on the fuel rail as in ktecs conversion, so guess it must be in the tank with the pump?

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
they dont much anymore at all...

seriously, drop the fuel pressure.

I could try throttling the fuel line i suppose or where would the pressure regulator be?

I cannot see one on the fuel rail as in ktecs conversion, so guess it must be in the tank with the pump?
yes mate its a webber fuel regulator in the pump!which is in the tank!

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
mine passed mot first time!
bbpt turbo same as yours but with k-tec sports cat in custom race alloy system.takes long time to idle properley though

R35 GTR
bbpt, I am waiting for a response....they dont do phonecalls anymore...
they do!
when listning on the options go to accounts then a lady answers ask for andy!he is allways happy to talk

I tried that way round, but they said email them.lol.

Is the regulator on the pump adjustable? I'll have a look tonight i think.:)

I guess my cat is the same as yours too, a janspeed one same as ktec?

R35 GTR
It's going into the garage tomorrow and not coming out untill its fixed...

Might be a good time to try the omex? Can get it fully setup on rolling road for under 1500.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Why go the omex route for 1500 when you can pay for a map (dyno map live or not) on your current ecu and save a grand for beer :D

R35 GTR
Why go the omex route for 1500 when you can pay for a map (dyno map live or not) on your current ecu and save a grand for beer :D

Well if you can get 300bhp out of this engine I'll be there! I just got paid so could come up one of the weekends if you are still free.

I'm trying to source some smaller injectors to get me through the mot....hope it works.

R35 GTR
Thanks for all the useful advice. But I am leaving it in the hands of a local tuners to take on the work. They have advised me to fit standard injectors, get it through the mot, then go and see pmurray or go for standalone or piggy back.

They dont think dropping the fuel pressure will help anything.

The cars misfires on cold starts and struggles to idle for a few minutes so dont think dropping the fuel pressure will help.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
That might work but it depends on how the ecu was calibrated for the bigger injectors. It might result in a very very lean mixture and cause detonation.

We'll have the dyno into our new place in the next week ish so we can map your car then no probs

Cheers

Paul

R35 GTR
That might work but it depends on how the ecu was calibrated for the bigger injectors. It might result in a very very lean mixture and cause detonation.

We'll have the dyno into our new place in the next week ish so we can map your car then no probs

Cheers

Paul

Glad to hear that, hope you have some forgiving neighbours this time round.

I was thinking about the previous comments about mapping for a good cold start and idle, would it be worthwhile me travelling up on a friday night, dropping car off at yours and start mapping from cold on the saturday morning?

Lionel Richie
could you not cheat on the mot?

ie std ecu, std injectors and acidently disconnect the boost pipe going into the tb?

or am i talking crap? LOL

R35 GTR
could you not cheat on the mot?

ie std ecu, std injectors and acidently disconnect the boost pipe going into the tb?

or am i talking crap? LOL

I think the ecu has resorted back to standard, as it has only started messing up and drinking petrol in last few weeks. So plan is standard injectors so far.:)

Then nice gentle drive to pmurray, put boost upto 1 bar and have 300 horsies!

2005 Nissan Navara
dropping the fuel pressure will cause it to lean of slightly, and so drop the emmisions...if they are telling you otherwise I really would question their abilities.
You wont get any problems with detonation as you wont be under any high load.

R35 GTR
Well I have lost faith in the tuning know how of my local garage.

I was told rather angrily that dropping pressure in the fuel will do nothing to the amount of fuel going through the injector. f**king numpty....he said its like a tap, you cant get more through a tap by increasing the pressure.:S

Smaller injectors just made the car run very lean and fail to idle, so its definitely a map issue....

2005 Nissan Navara
PMSL!

Well ive only been saying it for 5 pages!

Ditch that garage, they will f**k it up.