ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 turbo cooling fan problem ?

Hello.
Ive just finished plumbing in my low boost turbo conversion on my Clio and am very happy that it fired up first time. One problem ive found so far is that the rad fan runs all the time even when ignition switched off. It turns off whilst the engine cranks over but comes on straight away. Ive wired in the adaptronics loom but copied it from another loom so unsure what pin I'd have tapped into for the cooling fan if I have.
Does anyone have any ideas I can try to solve it.
Thanks
Jay

330i. E30 Touring.
f**k knows if you've done the loom - but it would seem it's on a perma live.

Last resort if you can't fix that is to just wire it in with a simple switch on the dash.

Yea I will if I can't get to the bottom of it.
I'll try get hold of wiring diagrams for both ecu s and see how I get on I suppose .

RB Clio 182
My fan has never come on since my turbo build, ive thrashed the f**k out of it and sat in traffic etc, but it doesnt overheat?

I was worried about the fan coming on because my intercooler pipe is very close to my rad, but its never actually come on.

Any ideas?

I'm sure I'll sort it I'll get on it tonight. I'm unsure if I spliced or cut the wire as I just copied straight from another loom so I need to find out what pin the fan switch or coolant sensor is. I may have knocked the coolant plug in the bay I'll go check later . So glad it fired up though. Got to double check everything before I drive it but looking forward to it.

I have been thinking this. Do you know what pin on the ecu that would be by any chance. If not I can go through the old loom tomorrow and find it. Must have been cut on the spare loom too as I copied it exactly and checked many times. Hopefully it's the only thing wrong as it runs real good on tickover

turbo 182
My fan has never come on since my turbo build, ive thrashed the f**k out of it and sat in traffic etc, but it doesnt overheat?

I was worried about the fan coming on because my intercooler pipe is very close to my rad, but its never actually come on.

Any ideas?
Mine has only ever been on when sat in heavy traffic, been on track with it twice and it's never came on once I do have a oil cooler and do 2 cool down laps after each session, I think that must make a big difference

Thanks for the help ive sorted the fan problem it was as dan said I'd cut the loom instead of splicing it but it's also cut on the loom that it all came off so must have been run like it before. Another problem now that it won't rev past 2.5k and has the little light on the dash the zig zag looks like the rear window heater and feels like a slight misfire .

Oh great. Bloody thing . Weird that it's all come from a fully working car though and swapped straight onto mine I can't see what else I could have got wrong as it's very straight forward.
It stinks of fuel too from the exhaust while running . Ticks over not too bad at all and misfires whilst revving it but not that bad. It did a similar thing when one of my standard injectors died last year but didn't have this warning light on. Could a bad Earth on the adaptronics coil pack be any reason for it to misfire .