ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 to transporter

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Think I've asked this before but has anyone ever gone from a 182 to vw transporter 102bhp? I know it will be horrible but I really need a van and would like some positive feedback, 0-60 in 18 seconds suppose it can be remapped for a bit more power and when up and running may not be too bad.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Never owned one but driven them many times. Gutless barely covers it. And as a result I found them to be poor on fuel. Just avoid rental spec as they've had bugger all on them!

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Had a chat with AA bloke and Transporters are uncomfortable and break down more often than others.
Vivaro/trafic/primastar are good all rounders.
Transits are most reliable apparently but crap on fuel etc.

I currently have to sometimes drive a new shape Trafic and it drives very well, is nippy and returns 40mpg with my driving. (Don't hang about)

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I wonder if I could get by with a smaller van, caddy or similar, bit more performance and if I could get the crew van type I could get my kids in

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Judging by the hassle mate has had with his caddy I wouldn't have one of them either

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
ive had a transit 140 sport for about 6 years, great van.
Looks good and well equipped.
Never let me down, powerful and quite frugal, ive been doing 62 miles a day for the last few months and its averaging 39 mpg.
David

172 cup
Think I've asked this before but has anyone ever gone from a 182 to vw transporter 102bhp? I know it will be horrible but I really need a van and would like some positive feedback, 0-60 in 18 seconds suppose it can be remapped for a bit more power and when up and running may not be too bad.
I drive lots of t6,s an the 102 mapped will go to 140 the 140ps vans are great I'm looking at buying a t5 an converting it to a kombi myself

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
How nippy will a 140bhp transporter be still over 12 sec to 60 surely

Just get a tranny van with decent power & spec, they are still the best all-rounders IMO. Guy around the corner from my mums has a Cosworth tranny and its epic!

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Transit connect.
Had 2 of them and both were great vans.
Bro in law has got a t5 transporter. In fact, he had the 2.5t and got rid after 2 weeks as the engine was poop. Good power, but poop.
He now has the 2ltr t5 which has been mapped and the power is ok...ish.
He does carry a lot of tools and compressor. Its a nicer place to be than most vans and they do look pretty cool but i would have a transit or vivaro myself.