ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 to 172 cup dilema

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I have seen a 172 cup for sale locally and Im thinking about selling my 182 ff and buying it. Would I be mad to do that?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
It depends how much time/money you’ve invested in your 182. If your 182 needs work and the 172 is an upgrade, then it’s a good decision. If your 182 is well maintained and a good one, then you’d be mad IMO. There’s no real difference between any of them, as in actual driving feel.

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
My 182 is a good one but the 172 has everything I want to do. It has coilovers, turinis, low mileage, fresh belts dephaser and pump. It does need some tidying up though.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
What's the price?

Cup will hold its value better and like you say has bits done. Although the grass isn't always greener lol

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Could have all the right trinkets but be an absolute bucket of sh1te.
Id stick with what you have, put a shopping market interior in yours and call it a cup :D

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Depending on price I would say swap.

A 182 are ten a penny, cup not so.

I've had those coilovers if they are fk konigsport? Decent enough imo..

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Must be mondial blue then. I thought it looked the same as my 182. I might just buy it and then choose one to keep

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
If you feel like that - buy it, put any better bits off yours onto it, then sell yours.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
If it's decent, buy it. Cups are just cooler and will, ultimately, always be worth more. £2k seems fairly cheap. Can always sell it on if you don't like it.

Anyone who says that a normal 1*2 is the same as a Cup is just jealous because their car isn't special :ROFLMAO:

I was speaking to a 172 cup owner who previously had a 182 and he was saying he wished he hadn't swapped. Said the cup slid its arse out more because it didn't have traction control or something?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I was speaking to a 172 cup owner who previously had a 182 and he was saying he wished he hadn't swapped. Said the cup slid its arse out more because it didn't have traction control or something?
Early standard 172s didn't have traction or cruise control I believe as my 02 doesnt

Clio 172 Cup
I have owned both a 2004 ff 182 and now a cup, the cup is by far a better car to drive especially with the upgrades I have now, only downside is miss the comforts of the 182 depends what is more important to you buy a decent cup should retain better value than the 182 , good luck ?

E36 M3,172 cup

I drive mine pretty hard and can get lift off oversteer but that's the same with any clio.

If it's just sliding its arse out then there is something very wrong.

You can lock the brakes which some people get nervous about but then they shouldn't be driving ?

182 clio
everything that's done to the cup can be done to the 182 and like wise!
don't see the fuss tbh...
except the 182 has bigger balls ?
ask a female pmsl