ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Thoughts please?

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  PH1 172
Hi folks,
Since selling my 172 PH1 almost 2 years ago and getting my EP3 Type R I knew i'd get the clio itch again some day... as it turns out there is a 182 Cup up for grabs nears to me and the guy says he would be keen for a swap possibly. However I am a bit concerned with the low low mileage as could have sat a good while (not that uncommon up here I guess with the oil industry) and the stated claims on power from a remap etc is this just a ticking time bomb ready to pop..... Anyway any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers

https://www.gumtree.com/p/renault/2...-st-etc-but-will-listen-to-offers-/1154494200

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
Odd 1 no longer needed but keen for a swap.Gotta laugh at the 220bhp remap,the car looks fine but why keen too swap?

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  PH1 172
Yeah that was my thoughts too as he was saying when I spoke to him that he was planning travelling

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio Trophy / 182 FF
I would expect all belts plus Dephaser and water pump plus discs/pads plus shocks. 220 haha

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  PH1 172
He says apparently the belts have been done....but only receipt/paperwork so far has been one for tyres and the MOT (MOT history seems to show up a fair few fails mainly brake related and tyre mind you) , could be a case of if something is too good to be true it is usually BS....

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio Trophy / 182 FF
If I had spent £700ish on a must do service item which will materially effect the potential buying audience and the price of my car I'd have an itemised receipt or get a copy made up if lost. Not to say this is not legit but I think most people who know Clios look for this bill similar to looking for rebuilds on Sachs dampers for a Trophy. I'd want to know if I had to tip £700 into a car straight away and it would certainly alter my attitude to the price unless this was clearly stated and accounted for up front In the sale price. Often however due to hassle and the inevitable other problems that can be found when "in there" I would price one that needs this work at more than £700 off or look elsewhere if not a special colour or low mileage.

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  PH1 172
Yeah couldn't agree more I have everything that has been done to my Type R down to bulbs etc. but I am fussy brute to be fair, he sent my through the following receipt as proof of it being done although some is missing? And looks like a HG was required too....
upload_2016-2-26_10-39-33.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-26_10-39-9.png
    upload_2016-2-26_10-39-9.png
    366.1 KB · Views: 9

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  PH1 172
Yeah I think that's a good shout just wanted to get my thoughts confirmed plus the fact it was nice and close to me and would have saved a sheesh load of travelling. Oh well....