ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 - the good and the bad

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

The 182 has been around for a good few months now.

Mine has done 4000 miles now

I like the acceleration (5k+), stopping power, mpg, and embarrasing people who like to drive to close in their company v6.

I hate the drift you get with the camber on some roads, the uneven tick over and p**cks who drive to close in their company v6.

Would like to hear other peoples views on this. What are your miles and what would you say is the best things with the car and the worst things with the car?

Miles: 1400 - running in nicely.

Hate rattly seats/runners, acceleration under 5k, torque steer + all the above hates (+double hate the drift especially under braking)

Love the looks, gizmos + all the above likes (especially over 5k+). The cup spoiler+wheels and twin exhaust really do make it look the biz.

Just over 2k, running in VERY nicely (especially since passing 2k!!!!)

Hate tyre noise on certain roads, torque steer etc

Love the colour, racing blue, it certainly turns heads. Being asked"What the F~~k is that!!!" I a nice way of course. Impressing a mate who has a GT4 and reckons this corners better :D

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Certainly agree with the above too.

+ LOVE that i have seen only 1 other on the road .. 4000 miles + had it since 28th March! Better than seeing about 1/2 dozen coopers every day.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

7500+

Bad: sh*t dealer. errr im forever cleaning it.

Good.

Its fappin class.

2500 8weeks old.

Love the handling/Brakes especially round the track. Like the MPG

Dislike to Renault ignition. Hate it when you turn off the car and the radio stops imnediately.

225 & Audi S4

the car is very nice, it handles well, but if you have the cup pack with the grey alloys, you have to be careful, you dont scratch them, why you ask because i have done it, and it looked terriable, very noticeable, the dealer has no paint or anything to cover it up, so i got it done from a body shop garage, its looks like new, i couldnt even found where i had scratched it so please be careful:oops:

Good; nearly everything, especially performance, looks, handling, brakes, extremely high level of equipment.

Bad; noisy when used like is intended to be used, hard.

Done 8000 miles.

Good: Level of standard kit, pretty quick.

Bad: Torque steer, Crap dealers, Poor audio, Chavs wanting to race you in their Novas.........

All in all pretty pleased with it. Build quality is not great but you cant expect mircles for the price you pay for one.

Good: Fast enough to stick with my mates (4.0 chimera and elise).

Makes me drive like a hoon!

Bad: tickover problems, doesnt run properly for the first mile of driving, front wing not painted properly, seat runners, speaker and alarm fauly. Dealer ( in attempting to fix the above manged to rip the edge of my dash and scratch the c$$p put of my steering column. They are replacing it but that will be my 4th visit to dealer.

Makes mr drive like a hoon!;)

"Bad: tickover problems, doesnt run properly for the first mile of driving, front wing not painted properly, seat runners, speaker and alarm fauly. Dealer ( in attempting to fix the above manged to rip the edge of my dash and scratch the c$$p put of my steering column. They are replacing it but that will be my 4th visit to dealer."

My 172 does that too - its horrible to drive from cold for the first mile of so. What does yours feel like? Mine feels very hesitant, hard to describe. Once the temperature guarge is up to normal the cars fine.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

I agree with every good and bad point above.

Its good to know they are all common as you start to think its just your car!

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

900 Miles. Hammered from day one, goes well, stops well and apart from the odd rattle in the back seats somewhere its pretty quiet.

Dealer was v good too :eek:

Overall I have been very impressed by this little (y) of a car.

My 172 does that too - its horrible to drive from cold for the first mile of so. What does yours feel like? Mine feels very hesitant, hard to describe. Once the temperature guarge is up to normal the cars fine.

Hesitant is pretty much it.

Feels like its struggeling for air or something you have to hold the accelerator down further than normal to go anywhere. then all of a sudden it works properly when it kicks into life properly you jolt forward

happily mine does it till the same point every time on my way out of my road so i know when its going to happen.

Good - handling, acceleration, looks, speed, top end, braking, colour, seats, pedals

Bad - the feckin flies that are a pain in the arse to wash of the bonnet and a sparrow that decided to fly into me grill....

The weavy under braking is ok, it just feels like th eback in going to come round at high speed braking, but it adds to the thrill...just correct it, let of a little and then hard back on......superb.....................FUN

oh yeah i forgot to add that the dealer broke my main beam lights and cigarette lighter when it was in having the alarm looked at.

It aint the fuse and they cant do anything for 5 days! How am i gonna light my tabs!!!!

had mine for 2 weeks now. done around 400 miles starting to losen up.

will be better once i get to 1,000 miles

very good car only 2 minor probs which can be easily sorted. trip computer not showing miles left in the tank and the alarm keeps bleeping. Apart from that carnt fault it.

I know what you mean about uneven roads, the car does drift a bit but keeps me on my toes.

The stereo is not very good but going to upgrade that anyway

all in all excellent car and value for money

My cup does that hesitant thing for the first mile or so. Is it the ECU running in some sort of Dont-Thrash-Me-Til-Im-Warm mode?

its to do with the ecu and new emissions regulations hence the hesitance when cold, as for uneven idle this isnt a problem its just a combination of the way the ecu adjusts the ignition/fuelling and the fact the car has a slightlrmy wild cam being a performance model, tbh its not major, listen to a WRC on the start line they run like a bag of nails on idle

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 11 June 2004

My cup does that hesitant thing for the first mile or so. Is it the ECU running in some sort of Dont-Thrash-Me-Til-Im-Warm mode?
The uneven revs is a charecteristis of 16V Renault engines. Probably related to government economy and emissions laws or something

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Had mine since March, 2100 miles ish

Love it...cant be arsed listing a few minor niggles.Ive yet to buy a new car that doesnt have them ! I have nothing worth complaining about to list and every problem i have had has been sorted out straight away with no fuss from my dealer so i cant complain.

Its a pleasure to own and to drive.Still suprised at the looks it gets,never expected that owning a Clio.I love the kick @5000rpm,the standard equipment........everything about it...its ace !!!

One of the best things about owning one is seeing YET another Cooper S and thinking im glad i didnt go for one of these ;)

Miles: 2300

Good: Scotland B-Roads, Revvving it!, Climate Control, Cornering, Looks, Steering, the way the Origin B2 just fits out of sight..

Bad: Dont scratch the CUP alloys!

LoL @ people moaning about retarded performance when cold!!!

To quote BenR:

"And the rough cold idle IS, no buts, maybes or IFs, due to EURO3 emmisions compliance. Fact is your catalytic coverter uses heat to change the composition of the waste gasses, when u start it from cold, the cat doesnt work, it doesnt do anything for emmisions. And EURO 3 law is exactly the same emmisions levels as EURO 2 but WITHOUT the 5 minute warmup period. This is why the engine has to run lean (to meet the emmisions from the off) and rough for till its warmed the cat up to do its job. This is also why the MK2 has a single cat and not a twin item like the MK1 as it warms faster, its also why they have the second lambda."

Had mine since may 1st and covered 1,000 miles so far.

Just run in with a little over the recommend at times and it seems to have done the trick.

Good Points: Big Smile on my face when pressure applied to the big pedal,great to drive as you have to concentrate when driving on crappy roads nice and fast..i like that the car is really telling you what is happening on the road.

Bad Points: Stereo (already gone though) ....nothin else yet..Im loving it!

[Edited by cnic69 on 13 June 2004 at 7:51am]