ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 test drive

none :(

Thinkin bout gettin one of these, if i book a test drive do renault let u take the car for a few hours or do they drive with u round the block.

my mate test drove a land rover and the dealer let him take it for over 3 hrs

106 GTi

My test drive was about an hour on a variety of roads. Was enough to make me want one and leave a deposit.

My test drive was a 10 minuite drive with a salesman in the car. Took me through the town roads to an open road where i opened the car up, and he sat STIFF against the seat. Was enough to let me know i wanted it but i would have loved to have ha d the freedom of driving it around for a few hours myself.

Silver Fabia vRS

When I test drove the original 172 Mk1 before ordering an import I had a test drive foe about 3 minutes and the dealer drove it for about 20. He ragged the arse off it and said this was an amazing car and handled well. I said to him you would say that but I cant experience it becuase your driving. He then stopped literally a mile from the dealership and said, your turn. Needless to say I didnt buy the car from them.

I bought my 182 without a test drive.

Dirty E91

I had the car for about 40 mins on DC, town and b roads, hit 120 on the DC and had the car all to myself!

Sold to the man with a big grin on his face!

my test drive was crap, i booked it a week before i went as they had to get the car brought over from another dealership and the saleswomen came with me. I was only out for about 10minutes but got taken around the streets in 30 and 40mph zones so i didnt get a chance to see what the car could do. i didnt get above 3000revs. im going to have to book another one from another dealership, i want to drive one of these cars the way they should be driven.

My test drive was for 3 hours, just me and the girlfriend. Took the car along Loch Ness side which has some very winding roads then over to Aviemore, really pushed it, loved it so much I traded in my 2 year old 172 for one...

Lee

BMW M2C

Renault have always been crap for me with test drives. I didnt even bother driving the 182 as it would have been wasting both our time.

Honda gave me the keys to a Type R and Subaru let me take a P1 for the afternoon!!!

Had about a 10 minute test drive in the 172 altho the dealer said I could come back another day for a longer one which I thought was reasonably fair. most other places just throw me the keys and let me do whatever.

id love to test drive one (even though 182 already ordered)...but none to be found in the area (York)....contacted renault and they agreed....quite poor really

still getting the 182 though!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Pah, try getting a test drive at 21!:cry: Its a real nightmare, on more than one occasion Ive been asked to put down a deposit on the car before even testing it! Whats the point in that?

Having said that, the place I bought mine from were a good bunch. The test drive was about 20 minutes split half between me and the salesman. It all depends on the dealer as to how far you go and what roads you use.

When I got a test drive the bloke drove the car for a few minutes till the petrol station filled up with a £5 then let me drive it for a few minutes was abit of a joke realy as I got stuck behind a slow car and the road was dead straight with a roundabout at the end to turn round and come back to the garage.

Not exactly amazing I wouldnt buy the car from the garage anyway only reason I went there was because they had one in to test.

dk

911 GTS Cab

my test in the 172 wa a drive litterally around the dealership in a square (renault wolverhampton) and lasted no more than 5 minutes and didnt go above 30 mph, i was very disappointed.

I went out with in one the other day i was passing the Renault garage but didnt have my licence so couldnt drive it. The saleman that took me out drove like a complete nutter reaching speeds of 120 down the dual carrageway at 1 point he was about 2 inches off the backside or a vtr kept hitting the limiter and his gear changes were terrible, the poor car had only done 200 miles.

No one by the demo car from Bridges in Reading (Black 182 with cup bits)