ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 test drive - what to expect

Ive got a test drive in a 182 in a couple of hours, just wondering what to expect from the car and the salesman. Do they let you have a bit of fun or anything? Coming from a Mini One I know therell be a huge performance difference so I think im ready for that, or maybe not.

106 GTi

I gave the demo car a right good caining, had him holding onto the grab handle. You need to see what your buying into. He let me pick my route so I guessed he wanted some fun!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Id recommend wearing some thin soled shoes as the clutch is really hard to get used to, the biting point is quite high. Make sure you take it to the high rpms, you will love the massive surge of power at 5k.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Rag the tits off it and make sure you go over 5000 rpm and dont forget the handbrake turn on completion in the dealers car park :D

Clio 200

It all depends on what salesman you get, if he comes out with a walking stick and a pipe you wont be getting out of 2nd gear.

I suggest turning up with full race helmet, harness and a rally notes clipboard. :)

BMW E46 330i Touring

Mine was up for a laugh too, told me what route to drive to make sure I got some time on a dual carriageway and also some windys. Was driving all sensible and the he told me to stick it in 3rd and floor it....

182 w/cup susp

Mine let me out on my own! He drove to the garage, put £5 of optimax in it and geve me the keys and said "bring it back in 1/2 hour" :)

Just back, salesman was good let me rag it a few times. Traffic stopped play though. Never thought above 5k itd be like that, its like another 100bhp coming in, engine note hardens and everything its amazing!

BMW E46 330i Touring

Another satisfied test driver! The general consensus seems to be that if you end up test driving in bust traffic you end up disapointed, but if you get a decent bit of road with some windys that you cant get the smile off of your face.

So did you manage to avoid all the hard-sale tactics afterwards!?!

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

I thrashed it when I was test driving one, the salesman didnt seem to mind at all really. He was urging me to push it harder around a roundabout.

Although the one I test drove seemed faster than the one I had bought!

BMW 120i Sport

You will need to drive it a good 10 minutes to get the oil warmed up so you can take it to 7200 rpm, otherwise the limiter cuts in much sooner (about 6700 rpm or so) and make sure you keep the revs up to get the most of it.