ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 suspension setup, suggestions required

renaultsport clio 182
Hi all running a clio 182 standard suspension setup, i have the anthracite wheels but not sure if have the cup suspension does anyone know how i can tell the difference. also i am interseted in improving the handling of my car and lowering it, i dont want to lower it so much thats i lose handling if you get me, been looking at eibach sportline to do it on the cheap unless anyone knows of any decent coilovers i can get for the right money, help appreciated

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Whats your budget?

If your tight on pennies get the eibach proline/sportline. Sportlines lower more but prolines supposedly handle better

renaultsport clio 182
ah right,well to be blunt is there much difference in buying springs alone or going for the job lot, willing to spend around 400 if the coilovers are gonna make a dramatic difference to the springs alone. would like it lower (obv) but im looking at keeping the handling nice and firm. BOOSH, how have you got your set up and do you use your clio on track, thanks for the advice btw.

500 Twinair
Cup suspension is obvious by alloy colour and cup suspension!!!
If you have the 182 without cup packs, you will have more choicep

Clio 182
Eibach Sportline + Whiteline rear ARB

This is what I've been considering for my cupped 182. Don't forget you need to factor in the cost of getting coilovers set up too (not even sure exactly which ones are worthwhile for a cupped 182 that don't cost LOADS!?!)

Am I right in thinking koni adjustables aren't available for cup 182s?

500 Twinair
The only coilovers available for the 182 cup is vmax, ktec and gaz, all under £500, then H&R, ast and beilstein which are over a grand and more.

renaultsport clio 182
been on phone with fellow cs member and has advised me to go with V-maxx as jms supply and fit for less than 500:approve: