ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 suddenly not starting (but starter turns for 2 seconds then cuts)

Mazda RX8
The main points are in the title.
I recently had the upper dash off and clocks out then refitted and the speedo and headlights didn't work (but the car ran).
I gave the relays under the glove box a jiggle, made sure all was pushed in then put the keys in and my headlights were working again. I thought "great, let's start the car and see if the speedo is working", so i turned the ignition and the starter turned for about 2 seconds but the car isn't starting. I tried locking and unlocking the car, keys out and in again but each time is the same. I tried jiggling the electrics by the glovebox more but still nothing.

Can anyone help please?
I'm guessing maybe it's the immobiliser kicking in and stopping the fuel? I don't know if it works like that though. My searches aren't getting me anywhere.

197 F1 / Disco 3
Defoe immobiliser , had that myself
Locked and unlocked a couple of times then it was ok

Mazda RX8
Right, glad you confirmed, cheers JIM. I'll look up Immobiliser issues and see if that gets me anywhere as the locking and unlocking didn't help.

If anyone else has ideas about what I can do to fix feel free to chip in still.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say it is tdc sensor. With immobiliser you just get a solid clunk from the starter and not a lot else. With tdc you get the engine turning over really quick