ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 still bust!

Well, my 182 has returned this morning from the 3rd visit to Derby dealer to have the warning lights problem fixed (which started within 1/2 a mile of picking up the car!) - according to another thread, a simple task!

Went to drop the car off and told the service receptionist that reliable sources on here had said the problem was with the brake light switch, and there was a renault tech note about it - so of course he notes down check brake light recall on the job card - and couldnt understand what I was trying to tell him:cry:!

Anyway, they say happily that car should be done by lunchtime and theyll call us. So at 3pm I try to call... get a receptionist who says service will call back.. So I wait... 4.30pm call again and am told its all done (but by this time cant collect it as I have to go out. Then at gone 5, the lad who booked it in finally calls to tell us its ready :mad:!

Went down this morning and picked it up, no problem (noticed warranty bill for £300 for replacing an angle sensor - same part now replaced twice). Drove out to do some Xmas shopping and... lights are back on again! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: (Although there is a slight improvement - ABS light is now out, just service and traction lights now!)

So, the car will have to go in yet again - I think it may have to go to another dealer though, as they can only be better than the service Ive had so far! Ive heard it said on here lots, and have to echo the thoughts now Ive experienced it - the 182 is a fabulous car, but the build and especially the dealers are truly terrible! (having also had recent experience with MG, who have renault build, but the local dealer is superb, I am shocked by the service).

Do I have a record yet - so far Ive had 3 dealer visits in the first 800 miles and still not got a sorted car?! Still have a massive grin every time I put my foot down though :D :D!