ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Steering wheel bubble fix?

BG 182 FF
my steering wheel has worn, the thumb grips are fine just the whole wheel is nobbled and it drives me mad, it looks horrible is there any way to fix or any places that i can get it refurbished?

fatboymal

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
It can be restored, and it's relatively easy, but very messy. Use leather prep from furniture clinic with an abrasive pad (take the wheel off first, you will not believe the mess) to remove all the melted leather coating. You'll then be left with a smooth but faded steering wheel, apply some dark grey leather recolouring balm a few times and it will look like new. About £30 and a couple of hours work all in. Best part is that if you remove all the leather coating it won't re-occur, and the wheel feels much better to handle. I did mine 2 years ago, and just need to reapply a bit of balm now and again to keep it perfect.