ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Starter Motor Issue and Alarm Won't Stop!!

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Hi all!
Little problem with the 182 and wondered if anyone could help.
Came out to my car the other day and it wouldn't start. Turn the key and there was a single click and nothing else. Gave it a push down the road and got it started so decided it was the starter motor.
Got it booked in to have a new starter motor tomorrow and went out just to empty the car of a few things. But the car wouldn't unlock. So I unlocked the car via the passenger door. Now the alarm keeps going and it won't shut up. Had to disconnect it.
Anyone help me at all?

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Battery has been fully charged over night and as soon as you touch the connection on the battery the alarm goes off. Try pressing the button on key and it won't disable alarm. Both keys have been tried.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
It's the battery!

The alarm will go off as soon as you connect the battery, don't worry about that. You then need to shut the bonnet as it has the alarm sensor which thinks the bonnet is open.

When you've shut the bonnet, lock then unlock the car and it should be sorted.