ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 spare wheel

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Does anyone carry a spare round with them? I appreciate you get the foam cans, but they aren't much use with a blowout, I would just feel safer carrying a spare, or at least having a spare for longer journeys, if so what do you use?

Cheers
Willo

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Get another wheel. It takes up a fair bit of boot space in a 182, but in a 172Cup there is a wheel well

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I am not too bothered about the boot space, as I rarely carry anything in the boot anyway, I will have a look...

Thanks
Willo

BG Clio 182 FF
Small 12v compressor, two cans of foam, my tow eye and breakdown cover with onward travel. f**k carrying a wheel in the (already small) boot with me everywhere.

BG Clio 182 FF
Does anyone carry a spare round with them? I appreciate you get the foam cans, but they aren't much use with a blowout, I would just feel safer carrying a spare, or at least having a spare for longer journeys, if so what do you use?

Cheers
Willo

When did you last have a blow-out?

Might as well take the 2.5T jack with you too. And the first aid kit. And a map. And a bar of kendal mint cake. And some snow chains. And a blanket.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I haven't had a blow out, and the car already has a jack in it, maybe it won't happen, but that's a bit like saying, why bother having insurance as you never crash? obviously you know better than most of the major car manufacturers who put spare wheels in their cars.....

Willo

BG Clio 182 FF
I haven't had a blow out, and the car already has a jack in it, maybe it won't happen, but that's a bit like saying, why bother having insurance as you never crash? obviously you know better than most of the major car manufacturers who put spare wheels in their cars.....

Willo

So much wrong with that post that i'm not going to even bother. Just buy a spare if you want one.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
You really had very little constructive to add to the thread, so why bother posting at all? I didn't ask what you carry in your boot, I asked if people carried or used a spare for a 182, a can of Foam and a 12v compressor is no use to you if your tyre is shredded, equally, your tyre is no good to you once its full of foam.

I now know you don't carry a spare, so jog on and give some more pointless answers to other threads....

Willo

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
To be fair I don't usually go very far, so I don't usually have breakdown cover, and I have just had new tyres fitted, and don't really like the idea of f*cking a new tyre with a can of foam for a puncture. just wondered if anyone had found a spacer saver solution,

Willo

inferno 182 cup
i got a can of foam and breakdown cover with the bank but have a space saver i take when i go on long journeys. can take a pic of it in the boot tomorrow if you want?

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
i got a can of foam and breakdown cover with the bank but have a space saver i take when i go on long journeys. can take a pic of it in the boot tomorrow if you want?

Yes mate that would be great thanks, where did you get your space saver?

Cheers
Willo

I carry a spare all the time. Shame it has that silly exhaust really.

With the mileage I rack up I'd rather not be stuck at the side of the motorway.

inferno 182 cup
8882e60e90ce26098c9333c358759362.jpg

I didn't buy the wheel so can't help you with that one.

inferno 182 cup
Does it fit over the large Renault centrebore?

And assuming its 14 so would have to swap rear to front if a front blew?

yes it is a 14. i got the spare with the car when i got it just over a month ago never thought about it but just went out with the old tape and checked the size and it should fit.

CursedTitanium 182FF
The one I posted above is not it then, as that's a 16". If you did buy it, you would need to get the PCD bored out to 60.1

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
The one I posted above is not it then, as that's a 16". If you did buy it, you would need to get the PCD bored out to 60.1

Just to clarify, the PCD is the wheel bolt/stud spacing, the centrebore is the hole in the middle. I suspect the cost to get it neatly machined (unless you know someone with a big lathe) would be prohibitive.

CursedTitanium 182FF
Just to clarify, the PCD is the wheel bolt/stud spacing, the centrebore is the hole in the middle. I suspect the cost to get it neatly machined (unless you know someone with a big lathe) would be prohibitive.

Brain fart, I meant centre bore ;)
I have just been looking for centre bore machining, and it looks like anywhere between £10 - £50 a wheel depending on where you go.