ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 rough on cold starts

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
not had the 182 long,

but i have noticed esp in the cold mornings, the car starts fine first time etc.

but when i get driving down my road, it feels very sluggish, (bit hit and miss) and almost as if its missfiring, it doesnt run smooth like u would expect.

once i get down the road and when it warms up it improves. but that initial 4-5 mins it drives like a bag of sh!te. changing gear is aweful, when i put clutch down and into second it slows down alot and hesitates before picking up

the revs on idle also bounce slightly, but it does this even when warm at standstill.

its going for a service on weds, and its still under warranty, but wanted to know if anyone else had this prob or how it was solved or best way to explain it too technicians.

cheers

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
lol, its french get used to it, common mishap on the clio.

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
i just didnt know if anything was wrong with it, doesnt give gf much confidence when driving it when cold

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I always start the car and leave it for about a minute, sort my phone out etc, before getting going, helps a lot but can still feel it for a few minutes.

Mate was having a similar thing with his 197, got the dealer to do the cold start fix thing on it and says its miles better, not available for 182's though

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Do what alot of ppl do then (me inculded most of the time) start the car and let it run for a minute of 2 before pulling away.

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
i suppose, just didnt expect to do that, and its a bit of a inconveinience if u get me.

so i guess there no solution to this, hopfully the service might sort it out

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i suppose, just didnt expect to do that, and its a bit of a inconveinience if u get me.

so i guess there no solution to this, hopfully the service might sort it out

unfortunately prob not, you get used to it,

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
i dont know if this would make any difference

i sprayed my inlet manifold (plemum) or wat ever its called, i didnt replace the gaskets as they wasnt damaged and looked ok.

if there was a air leak on the plemum would it effect anything? just wondering if there was any over spray on the gasket faces.:clown:

www.renparts.co.uk
they do run extremely rough when cold, some suffer worse but unless its stalling etc and its not normal when warm i wouldn't worry about it as its the same on all RS models.

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
they do run extremely rough when cold, some suffer worse but unless its stalling etc and its not normal when warm i wouldn't worry about it as its the same on all RS models.

sorted then, missus wil have to put up with it, she only drives a mile to work in it and back,

she will get over it.

hey joshydee, you mate did a great job on my car repairing it. altough they never changed the exhaust, its hangin about a foot from the bumper lol. so i complained and they have one on order for me.

also noticed my wheel jack in its nice leather case has gone missing, and there is a bit missing from the middle seat belt bit on the rear panel where the seat belts disappears into the back bitty boby.

ill ask them when it goes in for the exhausts.

p.s dont suppose u have any cup front lower splitters do you?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Sounds like the same problem I'm having with my lambda sensors tbh. Rough as hell for first couple of minutes then suddenly jumps back into power. Swapped 'em round and yesterday and today was running sweet as anything! Perfect from set off... however, EML came back on earlier tonight, am yet to try a cold start since (have to see how it goes tomorrow morning!)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
sorted then, missus wil have to put up with it, she only drives a mile to work in it and back,

she will get over it.

hey joshydee, you mate did a great job on my car repairing it. altough they never changed the exhaust, its hangin about a foot from the bumper lol. so i complained and they have one on order for me.

also noticed my wheel jack in its nice leather case has gone missing, and there is a bit missing from the middle seat belt bit on the rear panel where the seat belts disappears into the back bitty boby.

ill ask them when it goes in for the exhausts.

p.s dont suppose u have any cup front lower splitters do you?

lol good job then