ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Roadtest

Hi all

Taking a 182 out next week for a run. Drove a Cup about 6 months ago but decided to keep my 306 Rallye in the end. Am quite tempted by the new 182 though ;)

Love the idea of owning a car from brand new and most of the magazines say the Clio is the best out there even if the looks arent as good as my 306 (in my opinion!)

Am I likely to be blown away on the road test then?!

Al :D

Volvo S60 T5

Not if you dont drive it as it should be driven, take it to the motorway and rag it on the slip road upto the limiter in each gear (try to keep to speed limits).

Once it gets to 4500-5000 rpm then you should be impressed:)

You should find it does go rather well, handling is ok as well IMO.

If you decide to get one, get the cup pack option

Lee

BMW M2C

Id say youll be impressed with it in most ways over the 306, except maybe the chassis. The GTi-6 is a hard act to follow in that department.

I had a GTi-6 and still believe its one of the most fun cars Ive driven. Im looking forward to seeing the difference between my 172 and 182 with Cup suspension when it arrives.

In terms of modern hot hatches there isnt currently anything Id rather have over the Clio.

Ive got a test drive tomorrow of one beginning to wish the delaership hadnt let me have one now.

Id hate to think how much Id need to get a loan for for one. Plus all the extra costs of one.

What should I expect for road feedback is it as dull as the Dynamic.

(This means feedback not potential as there different)