ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 rims - will they fit ?

E87 118i
have searched can't seem to get a definitive answer, possibly the only set of 182 rims to be sold 2nd hand in SA are up for grabs - will they fit with NO problems on my mk2 ph1 (40mm apex drop) ?

Meg on pistonheads £6995
virtually all interchangeable - no prob.

more of a prob if go down a size cos of clearance over discs etc - tried to fit rusty 13s on mine for leaving standing whilst 17s being refurbed - no chance - ended up on jacks at front!

E87 118i
they guy who has them has fitted them on a ph2 1.5 dci.......but they are "scratched" and am unable to see them in person unfortunately......waiting too see close up pics.

E87 118i
would be great if someone can give me a confirmation on the spacer issue...

I have searched and 5mm spacers at the back only seem to be the answer...so the front go on with no hassles at all?

what happens if you don't have the 5mm spacer ?

anyone with a ph1 got 182 wheels on ?

DUB mk2 golf gti!
i got a phase 1 with 172 sport rims!there 16's basically same size i think!i had to use 5mm spacers on the back because it just touches the arch lines only a fraction, but the spacers sorted no prob!u cnt even tell that they on there compared with the front.honestly it does the job no problems at all.

E87 118i
ok, I'm a bit slow, so no spacers for the front ?

what about if you replace the 205/45 tire, with a 195/45 tire ? spacer still required?

Albi Blue Clio 197
Well i have cup wheels on my ph2 and i have purchased some spacers but never actully fitted them mainly because i have heard off some people that there a waste of time and do more harm than good, and have had them on for 6 months ish with no problems at all...

E87 118i
thanks mate, so what were your standard wheels on your car? 15's with offset of 37.5 ??

E87 118i
rock i got mk1 172 15" wheels on tyre size 15/50r15 and they have rubbed on my shocker and wheel arch liner

those have an offset of 43 right ? you use any spacers ?

you meaning they rubbed at the back only ? how much is your car lowered ?

all I need is a definative solution/answer.....

E87 118i
ok, I know I'm gonna be labelled most anoying poster, but please confirm I'll only need spacers at the rear ?

why don't the front need ? Will it be ok with 40mm drop or am I better off with regular springs ?

really need to be 100% sure about this - otherwise I'd be betre off buying new aftermarket rims with the correct offset....

Fred knows all about this eh?

E87 118i
I had a look at my rims - Renault Taurus (Rsi) - 6 x 14" and they have this written on them "4CH43" - could this mean the offset is 43 ?

there's nothing else on them hinting to the offset ??

E87 118i
aha....so if I have a 43mm offset then 45's should be fine ??

I called a few wheel places here and all of them say 35-38mm offset for a Clio ??

Turbos.
No, ET45 would be worse as it would mean the wheels are further in, hence why you need the spacer.

Most aftermarket wheels are around the ET37 mark.

Once you have the spacers on the rear you should be able to lower it as much as you like.

E87 118i
ja but 2mm isn't as bad as 8-10mm as I was told that wheels for a clio should have an offset of 35-38m.

now, mk1 172's have an offset of 43, culd my "clio sport 1.616V" as it was called in south africa have the same track as a mk1 172 ??

E87 118i
I know I know, but I'm unable to see them or try em before I buy, seller is 1000 miles from me.

maybe I must try and get him to send 1 wheel to me and take to a expert to check fit ??