ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 revving problem

FF Clio 182 Silver
From cold my car stutters back down to idle. if i rev the car to 3000rpm then press the clutch in (coast) it goes down in stages. Bounces if you like. i changed the coil pack on advice from my mechanic at the weekend but this hasnt helped, i cleaned the throttle body out with brake cleaner and that hasnt helped. There are no lights on the dash and a code reader isnt bringing up any errors.

Any ideas?

Maf sensor?

Idle Control valve?

Cheers

A ANIMAL
My guess would try try the Idle control valve, then lambda sensor. More likely to be the lambda though. Any warning lights or fault codes?

53 Clio's & counting
182 doesn't have a maf or an idle control valve, if i was to guess id say either lambda probe or coolant temerature sensor, but id take it somewhere for a proper diagnosis dude

FF Clio 182 Silver
ok my bad didnt no that about the 182!

No fault codes when i got my mate in kwik fit to put his fault code reader on it!

i just want it fixed as its very annoying!

On another note, a few times recently when the cars been warm and ive gave it some beans and then coasted the car cuts out, it ccant hold its rev for a few minutes.....then suddenly its fine!

Could this be related?

53 Clio's & counting
If it was a ph1 id have agreed with you on that dude, i went through 4 icv's in 50,000 miles lol

FF Clio 182 Silver
mpg is normal. 1000miles and ive got 32.8 which for me is good.

and temp guage reads normal aswell!

im stuck for answers and so it my mechanic

FF Clio 182 Silver
plugged got changed last summer and ive done 6000miles with them...leads "look" ok but might change them anyway!