ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 residuals

I am considering getting rid of my 2 month old 182 in light of a house purchase.

The car was registered on 26th November and is Arctic Blue with both Cup packs.

It has done just over 2,000 miles and is obviously as new.

Bearing in mind that Renault have the cheek to ask nearly £16k for this very model, what would a fair price be for mine?

Has anyone traded in a nearly new 182 recently?

VaVa

Sad but true ^^^ 11k would be about top whack. Its Renaults barmy pricing policy. As far as joe bloggs is concerned, you can get the same car for 11,800 from a car supermarket, or £12,200 if bought online via a broker. Heart braking I know...

54 182 would be worth £10.5k trade Im afraid - I looked at swapping mine (04 , Cupped, UK, £10k miles etc.) recently and trade was £9-£9.5k

Matt

So would £12k with metallic and Cup packs be an unreasonable asking price then?

The ones that I have saw in dealers for cheap prices tend not to have the paint and packs added on yet, and some are pre-reg.

This is a bloomin nightmare! lol

I have just traded mine in today, First registered October 29th, Titanium with both cup packs, only 800 miles so perfect condition.

First quote to trade was 10k, managed to get 11.5k for it, and that was only because i went for a more expensive car.

Depending what you trade it in against you may be very lucky to get 11 for it.

[Edited by craigr on 18 January 2005 at 7:59pm]

Volvo S60 D5

Mate. Dont sell it.

Sure, a house is safe and will appreciate, but youll have one hell of a job getting the average house from 0-60 in 6.x seconds.

Stick with the 182. Far more fun. Enough room to sleep in if you put the seat down a bit.

Yaris Hybrid

The funny thing is my local Renault dealer is selling almost a year old ex demos with 10k on the clock that have no doubt been absolutely shafted for £12k!!!

Thats how much they sold my neighbours for and it had a couple of illegal tyres and no front splitter!

Ive no doubt I would have trouble selling mine for £10k. No one wants a car like that second hand because they know how they have been driven. Id rather pay 2 to 3k more just to a new unmolested car with the full warranty.

So take the price of the cheapest brand new model and deduct 2 to 3k. Thats how much you can sell your car for second hand.