ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 ''Replica'', Keyline, Broxburn

R53 Cooper S
Black 1.6 i assume, boggo standard bumpers and wings etc, but rockin some 2.016v bullets and wonky 182 style exhaust:S, CS.net tax disc holder in the window!

Anyones?

G

Gregor11

That's two dodgy clios you've seen and posted about, un-lucky mate, seems your surrounded by nails!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
There are more s**t R.S Clios round our way than I care to mention.

All and I mean all seem to be on aftermarket wheels!

One 172cup has a durex sticker on the rear bumper... It's a heap!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I actually think it has worse stickers on it. Haven't got close enough to it yet.

Silver 182 s**t wheels and mudflaps like piss flaps.

Did you sell your 182 Col? Locally?

R53 Cooper S
Re: 182 ''Replica'', Keyline, Broxburn (pic)

The exhaust...

IMG_8542.jpg

Quality craftsmanship i'm sure you'll agree:rasp:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like a standard 182 exhaust! They usually sit terrible!

That will be mine. Exhaust is a standard one an sat wonky cause the Renault mounts are pish and kept failing! Anyway it's a 1.2 with a 2.0 and a few other things ;-)

There are more s**t R.S Clios round our way than I care to mention.

QFT. I physically laugh out loud at them these days.

Black 1.6 i assume, boggo standard bumpers and wings etc, but rockin some 2.016v bullets and wonky 182 style exhaust:S,

I'd find this embaressing anyway, but would love to see the look on his face when a real 182 reaches 5000 RPM :D

QFT. I physically laugh out loud at them these days.

I'd find this embaressing anyway, but would love to see the look on his face when a real 182 reaches 5000 RPM :D

182 standard 182 bhp mine is around 195 so I doubt you would see my face maybe the back of my head ;-)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I don't believe this has a 2.0 16v in it as a month or so ago the car was not up for much on a long straight.

Unless in the last few weeks it's been done.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?603742-1-seat-amp-2-clios-(Edinburgh)

There is another black Clio kicking about at the marco garage as I have seen it a few times, once again it has 2.0 bullets with a smurf hanging from the rear bumper and a sticker also on the rear bumper.

It could be the same car but not sure

Last edited:
Haha, not a clue how I missed your response to this :s

And I'm sorry to be negative but if you think a 182 has 182 BHP then I'm afraid your car definitely will not have the 195 BHP you think it has... Nevertheless, must be fun suprising a few with the standard looks. Mechanically speaking, have you done an entire conversion? (i.e. rear beam & discs, cup springs & dampers etc)

R53 Cooper S
What you done to it to have it sitting at 195?

Couple of eBay resistors and an ecotec valve iirc.

Seriously though, how come you didn't fit the rs wings, skirts and bumpers from the donor car?

Not quite a rep nor is it a sleeper :S

maico 500/seeking project
Well ave seen you booting it away after dropping Stevie off in cardross and it doesn't go like a 195 bhp car , where did you have it dyno'd ?

I don't believe this has a 2.0 16v in it as a month or so ago the car was not up for much on a long straight.

Unless in the last few weeks it's been done.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?603742-1-seat-amp-2-clios-(Edinburgh)

There is another black Clio kicking about at the marco garage as I have seen it a few times, once again it has 2.0 bullets with a smurf hanging from the rear bumper and a sticker also on the rear bumper.

It could be the same car but not sure

Haha seriously if I was going to lie it'd be about something better than having a 2.0

To be totally honest going by your spotted post if I was going into Edinburgh it'd have more than likely to drop my Mum off for her night out in which case my hands are a bit tied! However if you do see me again and i'm in it on my own by all means make yourself known ;-)

Haha, not a clue how I missed your response to this :s

And I'm sorry to be negative but if you think a 182 has 182 BHP then I'm afraid your car definitely will not have the 195 BHP you think it has... Nevertheless, must be fun suprising a few with the standard looks. Mechanically speaking, have you done an entire conversion? (i.e. rear beam & discs, cup springs & dampers etc)

Ok but then the 182 that is going to embarass when it hits 5000rpm is going to have the same power minus the mods so if that's the best comeback you have i'm disapointed!

It's the full conversion stripped my car down to a bare so there a very few bits left from the 1.2 if any at all. It is good fun i'll give you that.

225 Cup & Williams
Nice, yeah it won't be far of that if its a healthy engine with cams too. I'll
Keep an eye out for this I've always wanted a sleeper.

Couple of eBay resistors and an ecotec valve iirc.

Seriously though, how come you didn't fit the rs wings, skirts and bumpers from the donor car?

Not quite a rep nor is it a sleeper :S

Why does it have to be one or the other? I don't want the kit as then it's just any other 182/172 and lets be honest they are not all that special in the grand scheme of things. The 2.0 bullets well they are black with only the lettering highlighted so until you get up close not a huge giveaway. The exhaust i'd almost agree on it doesn't suit the car without the kit but it was a compromise I made so that I could keep the 182 manifold. The exhaust makes too many people wary about what is in it to be honest. Though if you know your cars you can tell with that the track on it isn't the standard 1.2 track anyway. Standard is the way I will keep it 1.2 style the only time the 182 kit might go on is when the turbo arrives!

Listerine & Poledo
So, owner, what made you pour money into a conversion whewn you could have just bought a 182?

So, owner, what made you pour money into a conversion whewn you could have just bought a 182?

It's always been an ambition of mine to do it. A lot of the fun in having the car was doing the conversion itself. Having owned my car since new it makes no sense for me to sell it and get back next to nothing and at the time it had a major wiring fault. Would I do it again no but would never change what I done as lets face it anyone with money can go out and buy a 182 whereas this is slightly different not many people can say they have converted a car.

Well ave seen you booting it away after dropping Stevie off in cardross and it doesn't go like a 195 bhp car , where did you have it dyno'd ?

You can tell what power a car has by seeing someone pull away in first gear?:)

Next time you see me give me a shout i'll take you out for a quick blast if you like you can make your mind up after that.

Listerine & Poledo
It's always been an ambition of mine to do it. A lot of the fun in having the car was doing the conversion itself. Having owned my car since new it makes no sense for me to sell it and get back next to nothing and at the time it had a major wiring fault. Would I do it again no but would never change what I done as lets face it anyone with money can go out and buy a 182 whereas this is slightly different not many people can say they have converted a car.

Fair do's, if you're mechanically mindede and want the challenge of it.

I wouldn't, but then I've no mech skills.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure a Smartuki would nail you as you pull away in 1st gear, and that's only got about 140hp ;)

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
WTF is everyones problem with his car?

i'd rather have a 1.2 looker that goes like a RS.

Have you got a thread on the build? good on ya for doing it :cheers: makes a nice change to see someone do something for themselves on their car.