ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 rear shock absorbers

RenaultSport clio 182
hi all, first time thread so new to all this.
my 182 is 27 months old and done only 18500 miles.the rear shocks are leaking and ive been told by a renault dealer they need replacing.however they will not do it under warranty.
can anyone tell me what the mileage or vehicle age cut off point is when the warranty for shocks becomes void.
am i right in thinking that over 24 months old the shocks are no longer covered on
warranty?
thanx

Renaultsport 220T
Hi and welcome,

It's the age old problem of what Renault consider wear and tear.

Quite a number of all 182's have suffered leaking rear shocks, mine included. IMO there should have been a recall. But they didn't bother.

Call customer services, and see what they say.

RenaultSport clio 182
talked to them also. they just discussed it with my dealer, and refused to do it under warranty.if thats renaults attitude i wont be buying replacements from them and will fit them myself.

tiTTy & SV650
12 month warranty on them as they are consumables, but I've had 7 rear shocks on mine in just over 2 years all under warranty. other people struggle I never have.

RenaultSport clio 182
that number in that short time says it all about the quality of the shocks renault are using then

B

Brown.

buy some your self...there a piece of piss to fit...just make sure you spring clamp your springs

big_peaches said:
buy some your self...there a piece of piss to fit...just make sure you spring clamp your springs
Rear ones don't need spring compressers you can chnage them with removing a wheel of jacking the car only 2 bolts hold them on.
Its covered under warently though so no need to pay yourself.