ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Rear Discs and pads

fad

Clio 182 FF
I am in orbit with my Clio right now a four year old car barely made it through its MOT!

Right I need to replace the rear discs and pad which I knew was comming up but my local dealer want £199.52 + VAT for them including the pressed bearings. Is this the norm?

Also pads are priced at £57.93

Is Captain Hook tearing me a new arsehole or is this the going rate?

Just done the 36k service too which was a blow :mad:

Cheers

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
I am in orbit with my Clio right now a four year old car barely made it through its MOT!

Right I need to replace the rear discs and pad which I knew was comming up but my local dealer want £199.52 + VAT for them including the pressed bearings. Is this the norm?

Also pads are priced at £57.93

Is Captain Hook tearing me a new arsehole or is this the going rate?

Just done the 36k service too which was a blow :mad:

Cheers

You can change the discs and pads yourself, there are several guides on the forum, and many threads about it....
£200+ is normal for the job, and yes they do mug you off...
Do it yourself and save a pretty penny, may be able to get the parts cheaper elsewhere too, e.g. eBay, eurocarparts.com etc etc....

fad

Clio 182 FF
Oh I will be doing the disc and pad change myself sod giving it to a stealer

Just wondering as the rear brakes are only have a slight effect on the overall braking whether going for a cheaper alternative would be better as I already have Brembos on the fronts.

Even Zimmer discs from GSF are £87.54 inc VAT

Lots of Alfas
The rear pads are about £12-£13 for say some Mintex ones. You can get the renault ones from GSF which is the whole set with bearings and abs rings for a lot cheap than direct from Renault..

fad

Clio 182 FF

You are the man cheapest yet! Cheers!

Going to purchase the AMtex rear pads from GSFwhich are OE spec for £21 Bendix are £15 inc VAT

The rear discs with bearings works out 187.52 inc VAT from GSF which is only £12 cheaper than my local stealer.

Millwall4life as much as your input is appreciated it really doesnt help me unless you say where you got them from?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
probably not really worth it but i got some grenstuff's for the rear to match the fronts for just over £30 iirc. I just spent best part of £300 on brakes on ebay - looked around and they were the cheepest i could find. The rear discs i gave you the link for - they were from GSF (found out when paying) also got some brembo max discs for the front at a bargin £90 delivered. Got some braided hoses too as i've herd good reviews. Carn't wait too get down to Birchdown for fitting in a couple of weeks