ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 rear brake pads- any known faults?

182 Cup, (2nd one)
The rear brake pads on the passenger side just crumbled and are scoring my disc.
The car has only done 11400 miles and the fronts are fine and the rear drivers side pads are fine

Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think i could get this fixed under warranty ( i know they class brakes as wear and tear) but this could be a quality issue "not satisfactory quality" /"latent defect"?

Any help would be appreciated
cheers
charlotte

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'd get back onto Renault mate , 11400 miles is f*ck all , especially on a cup .
I'd go and see em rather than phone though so they can't try and fob you off . Sounds like the material could be defective , my 172's pads lasted nearly 40,000 miles .

The rear brakes shouldn't need changing or failing for least 30k they do nothing I'd guess your rear calipers have failed.
Definatly a warently item even though brakes are werar and tear there not that much wear and tear.
If it were the front brakes I'd just do it myself new disks etc are cheap but rear disk are expensive.

182 Cup, (2nd one)
Cheers thats what i thought too, i'll be on the phone to Renault uk in the morning
charlotte