ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 rear brake fitment...HELP

BG 182FF
Right....so im changing the rear disks/pads at the moment and ive got the new disk on, new pads into the carrier fine and ive wound the piston back into the master cylinder.

HOWEVER, the pad carrier won't line up properly with the holes so i cant put it back on. Its like the pad on the outside is too thick to allow the carrier to get close enough to the car to allow me to bolt it back on. its about 3mm out i reckon. What have a missed?!

Any help please!!

Thanks

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Have you tried pulling the carrier towards you?

Sounds silly but many don't realise it can be done.

182cup & 172 racecar
Easy mistake to make, I did this the first time I changed them, and thought wtf!, but soon worked it out.

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
same as Tony said and others, easy mistake, i did it first time , couldnt work out what i was doing wrong,

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im guilty of this mistake a few years ago with the calliper!

and as above remember the spacer, i bought a 1.6 16v dynamique from a dealers that had 2 shot wheel bearings so they fitted new rear discs as part of the conditions i was buying it, they missed out a spacer which 4 months later during cornering the wheelbearing shat its self, destroying the disc, stub axel, wheel bolts the lot. Lucky the dealership covered it!

BG 182FF
Cheers guys....i didn't forget the spacer so don't worry about that. All in all a very easy job... apart from lining up the carrier but i won't make that mistake again.

As with all of these cars after, one job the immediate thought is "What's next?".