ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 rattles like a mofo

Does anyone else get surround sound rattling when they put their foot down over some bumpy road?... Come to think of it... Going slowly over some smooth road?

It puts you off your driving when youre constantly wondering which part of the car is going to fall apart first!

The only rattle that causes me greefe is the vent which blows onto windscreen, it rattles alot when doing motorway journeys only on the drivers side, told renault but they said they wont change it

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i find with mine it depends on the mood of the car, sometimes its fine, sometimes it sounds awful

Quote: Originally posted by rwaterman on 20 September 2004

The only rattle that causes me greefe is the vent which blows onto windscreen, it rattles alot when doing motorway journeys only on the drivers side, told renault but they said they wont change it
I have this one. I guess eventually Ill learn to tune it out or think about weighing my car down with a serious amount of ICE

Clio 182, Audi A3

Cup suspension being as hard as it is, youd expect it to rattle in no time. If it doesnt have Cup bits, mmmm.....

Arctic Blue 182

Depends on weather as well. If its hot, the car expands and all the rattly stuff touches each other and doesnt rattle, but when its cold everything contracts creating gaps and space between panels, interior stuff etc so theres room for stuff to vibrate and rattle against.

My theory anyway.

Clio 200 Cup packed

i would of said the other way around coz back in the pug 205 days, my car used to rattle like hell in the cold but not so much in the warm...

Arctic Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by homerjay on 20 September 2004

i would of said the other way around coz back in the pug 205 days, my car used to rattle like hell in the cold but not so much in the warm...
thats what I said, isnt it?

Quote: Originally posted by Faz182 on 20 September 2004

I agree with both of you

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by Blue_or_Blind on 20 September 2004

I agree with both of you
I agree with him agreeing with both of you.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Is it a rattle or more of a squeek?

I get a bit of a squeek in my 172 when you turn into a parking space on bumpy surfaces but I think they all do that. Something to do with the design of the top mount allowing the spring to twist slightly. Its a bit annoying but nothing to worry about.

[Edited by Chad on 20 September 2004 at 7:21pm]

Volvo S60 T5

Get it checked, trim noise and such is only covered by the warranty for 1 year!

OK most clios rattle a bit, been fairly lucky with mine nothing I cant deal with.

So my advise get it checked ASAP before the year is up or you will end up having to pay a percentage towards fixing it.

Clio 200 Cup packed

sh*t , yea, sorry, think im goin ever slightly mad, i blame them damn runner beans, joggin round my bathroom in the evenings just before supper... :confused:

got a few but have lernt which area they come from and give that area a sharp whack. tweater cover seems to be a prime suspect for rattles and as someone said before the air vent for windscreen does sometimes. but other than that it fine for how hard the suspension is.

200 cup (van blanc)

i get a rattle coming from the boot area/parcel shelf - cant find the cause of it ......another mystery renault rattle!!!

Mondeo STTDCI

^^^ JUST GOT ONE OF THOSE TODAY GODDERS! Was a bit peeved cos thus far its been rattle free.

VaVa

My 172 has a few, but like somebody else said above they are temperemental. I regularly have to put my fingers in the windscreen vent and give it a tug towards me to stop it squeaking. I wasnt expecting merc levels of build and I certainly didnt get it!!!

Mine rattles like a mofo too - rear parcel shelf, air vent on dash and most annoying of all, the trim on the drivers door sounds like one of homerjays runner beans is in there!

Yawn, what a bunch of gayboys its a rattle and a squeek for f**k sake thrash the pants of it trust me you will forget about the rattles.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 20 September 2004

Get it checked, trim noise and such is only covered by the warranty for 1 year!

OK most clios rattle a bit, been fairly lucky with mine nothing I cant deal with.

So my advise get it checked ASAP before the year is up or you will end up having to pay a percentage towards fixing it.
you can get some rattles payed for after the first year as well if you find an actual manufacturing defect with a part.

The only rattle that annoys me is the interior light bit above your head, it buzzes at about 70-90 on the motorway, pisses me off on long journeys, all the rest, i just ignore because im having too much fun.

Its a cheap performance car for christ sake, you want a rattle free performance car go spend some more you cheap skates! ;)