ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Race X In Broxbourne A10

I saw you on the roundabout on the A10, on Monday 31/07/06 at about 19:00pm. You have a Racing Blue Clio 182 with white Stripes with a RACE X numberplate on. I beeped my horn and waved when turning off whilst you were on the roundabout. I was behind you in a 172 cup with a GDI badge on my bonnet. Was trying to start a race with you but realised that I have points, so i slowed down. Have I seen your car at GDI before. Its not Ben is it?

RenaultSport Clio 182 CUP
Hiya mate

Yeah, that was me, your clio looks nice mate. Was thinking of just going straigt over along the A10 to have a burn with you, but had to pick sum 1 up. I Brought my clio a few months back from some one who works at GDI, his name was Gary I think. So have you dome much to your Clio then?

Lee

BMW M2C
It was Gary G on here who had the car before you Chris. One of the best Cups on the site.

chrisn01 said:
Hiya mate

Yeah, that was me, your clio looks nice mate. Was thinking of just going straigt over along the A10 to have a burn with you, but had to pick sum 1 up. I Brought my clio a few months back from some one who works at GDI, his name was Gary I think. So have you dome much to your Clio then?

Love your 182, looks mint with that numberplate aswell. What mods have you got? My car looked like s**t as every bloody eagle decided to s**t on my car.

Mods i have got are viper ik, inlet manifold match, group n ecu remap, apex -40mm springs, brembo HC carbon brake discs, goodridge braided brake lines, ngk platinum spark plugs, custom stealth catback exhaust, kuhmo ecsta kh11 tyres, omp strut brace, k-tec rear strut brace.

There are alot of cliosporters in the area. We should definatly organise a meet.

Cheers ollize, just got it back from renault a few days back, would you belive they reflashed my ECU and deleted my remap noooooooo! lol

As for mods, got a full stainless, high flow cat, carbon aero intake, carbon engine cover, etc did have a remap, but gota get it redone by Pmurry now. Also got some magnacore leads and a K-Tech front strut brace to put on when I get around to doing it.

Yeah, a meet sounds cool, iv seen loads of clio sports about lately and would be a good laugh.

Hey Brad, I remember seeing you as well, love the yellow clios, they look mint

i saw this car at gdi, was mint, dont remember it havin stripes or it being a cup like your pic/car description in your profile

Yeah, I think It origionaly had stripes, but the owner before me took them off as i found the reminents of old stripes under the license plate. So just had them reput back on as I think they look cool. I do get alot of abuse of my mate for having stripes though lol

182 RB FF
Chris that was the first time id seen that colour in rel life...Its sooo nice really like it!

cheers mate, im the opposite, ever since seeing one at the french car show, really like the liquid yellow! So you done much to your clio?

182 RB FF
Only had my car a month or so, i havn't done anything to it and being honest im a novice at things to do with cars. Im slowly learning things from here though, lol. Really enjoying the car as it is at the moment, but if i start to get a lil bored maybe i'll make some then...

GTi
I saw a Yellow 182 driving through Cheshunt highstreet last week I think. Was that you Brad?
Was in my mates company Passat estate (babe wagon) so did not bother waving else you would have thought me a nutter :D

Chris

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Chrisn01 is your 182 a cup or does it just have cup suspension?

182 RB FF
Yeah probably was me chris, I live there and im pretty sure theres only 1, lol. are you from round here?

When i first brought it, I thought it was a cup and it came up on the HPI as a cup, however, since joining cliosport and reading a few threads, I dont think mine is a cup as it has leather seats and cups dont have leather seats? Iv been on the GDI web site and lloked at there gallery and theres loads of pictures of, some with the origional stripes as well

chrisn01 said:
Cheers ollize, just got it back from renault a few days back, would you belive they reflashed my ECU and deleted my remap noooooooo! lol

As for mods, got a full stainless, high flow cat, carbon aero intake, carbon engine cover, etc did have a remap, but gota get it redone by Pmurry now. Also got some magnacore leads and a K-Tech front strut brace to put on when I get around to doing it.

Yeah, a meet sounds cool, iv seen loads of clio sports about lately and would be a good laugh.

Hey Brad, I remember seeing you as well, love the yellow clios, they look mint

What Ignition leads from Magnecor have you got? Blue or Red? Have you noticed any difference with them on? are they worth getting.

GTi
From Welwyn Garden City Brad but I work for a certain supermarket that has it's head office in Cheshunt so I'm up there a fair bit.
Will keep an eye for you and give you a wave..

CDC182 said:
From Welwyn Garden City Brad but I work for a certain supermarket that has it's head office in Cheshunt so I'm up there a fair bit.
Will keep an eye for you and give you a wave..

I live in Barnet. Your not actually far from me tbh. Just up the A1. What mods have you got?

GTi
So far, H&R Coilovers (lowered about 35mm), ITG filter, Prospeed exhaust with Decat, Inlet Matched and SMT6 with remap. Also have Brembo HC front disks, ds2500 pads and braided brake lines.

Have to arrange another meet at South Mimms as we usually get a good turn out. Will sort something out in a montj maybe when the holiday season has calmed down.

Chris

I have the greenstuff pads and think they are s**t. Im definalty wanting to change to DS2500 pads. how good are they since you have the same brake setup as me? (apart from pads). Do you get any Noise from the ITG or gains?? (Cheap mod for 35 quid me thinks). How can you tell the difference between coilovers and springs? are they that good?

Yeah we have to arrange another meet at South Mimms. Havent been to one for ages.

GTi
Think the DS2500's are excellent, bit noisy at times but overall braking is superb against the standard setup.
Can't really tell if the ITG made any difference but it can't be doing any harm.
The H&R's are excellent as well. Never driven a 182 with just uprated springs so cannot really compare but the difference with the Coilies and the standard setup is huge. The damping is spot on and I can now hit mid corner bumps at speed without the brown trouser moments I used to have. Lot of money but a very good mod IMO, changed the character of the car for the better.

Chris

Why are the DS2500 realy sqeaky then? My Greenstuff V3 are realy squeaky! I might be selling my Viper Ik because I cannot attach the cold air feed to it. I now want to get the K&N 57i Gen 2 induction kit (Same performance as the viper but you also get the sound).

GTi
The DS2500's are on the squeaky side although this only tends to be when cold...once warmed up they do quieten down.
I was thinking of going down the IK route but I plan to get some new CAMS fitted in the new year so it will need a remap then. May go for an IK at the same time so I can get to get the best out of it.

GTi
Will get the work done at GDI. They have done all my mods and I have always been very happy with their service and workmanship.
Not sure of cost but would expect to be looking at a min of 1K with parts, labour and mapping session on Rolling Road.