ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Question

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

Hi, my clio 182 has only done 190 miles. So obvisouly its still quite tight, but i have noticed she smokes (white and clean smoke) wen i apply my right foot a bit. Is this just a new thing that will clear up? as i think it might be getting better, im sure it was worse at about 100 miles. Just got me thinking and i dunno. i just wanna kno if this is a natural thing that im worrying about and i shouldnt be?

its natural, probably vapour, or some crap burning in the exhaust but perfectly normal, there even know to chuck a big cloud of dark smoke when booting them

CLIO 197 Ultra red

when mine was new it smelled really strongly after using it... smoke came out of the pipes when the engine was off... must just be something inside the system burning off..

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

hmm ill just have to hope she clears up, it dont smoke much on idle, just wen i rev it, or drive it hard

Mine chucked out that white smoke when i picked it up last friday, also there seemed to be some kind of oily substance in the smoke that covered the rear of the car, however all this seems to have dissapeard now after clocking up 500 miles in it, must have been all the oil, that builds up inside the engine from when its built to when you pick the car up, unless someone else knows any different?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

mine has thrown out smoke when it has came on cam before it just the crap building up and when it gets a thrashing it clears it out, dont worry about it unless it is happening all the time