ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 push button start?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Wire a button in, still needs the key.

20 min job. (i'd do it better than that, huge fail! Hope he relocated the hazards)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Pm Riz, thats his old car. Looked crap up close, didn't fit well and you still had to turn the key up to a point.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
shut up paul.
car is a cracker for the cash.
shame the spot he picked for the push starter is shite.

definitaly not the best way to do it! does anyone know where he relocated his hazzards to?

car looks nice though.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
as already discussed
Thats Riz's old car. Hazard light relocated to above the ESP button. Uber-gay, but a fine bod

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That's an S2000 start button, yeah

The key does the job though, IMO... that just looks wrong.

Not to mention that the button doesn't even fit

mk 2 172
i dont see the point of it, just making more work for your self realy still gotta turn key. just something else to go wrong aswell lol

Golf GTI PP Mk7
ok that looks awful.

there was a guy on here that mounted his where the cigarette lighter is, and did a proper job, that looked smart.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
lol, i thought it was a good idea at the time. It looks alot better in real life tbh doesnt look like such a bad fit. A bit unsure on that mileage im sure i sold it at 64,000 or was it 66000. I was going to get something to fit around it to make it look more neat, but then got the V6 urge.

Either way it still looks fantastic. The finest Rb with stripes around!!:rasp:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
oh im sure it had sportlines on it and itg panel also k tec front splitter. good thing i sold it @ 6.5k tbh

VW Caddy Van
Wat wires do u need to wire in a start button? I wired one into my old Mk6.5

As much as u still need to turn the key it's still a good feature especially when u cut the wire for position 3 so the key does nothing and u have to push the button

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Seams a little pointless if you still have to put the key in and turn it.

No quick getaways in that car

IIRC the car in the video is the white dynamique on here with a 182 engine transplant. Can't remember the guys username.

320d
Pretty gay that u lose the air recycle function though. Its good for when its cold and your engine is walming up because it makes the air walmer because it doesnt have to heat up freezing air from outside. Also when you'r behind a smokey van or something.

The idea's good though.

clio
have one in mine but its not a 182, so dont know if they have the same space for it. theres a post on it some where. did it for the novelty. but i didnt want it so some t**t smashing the window and start it so still turn the key twice for the immob thats if i want to use it. didnt like the hazzard switch idea tbh looks a bit rough