ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Pure Motorsport top mounts& strut brace,worth it over standard rubber mounts?!!

RB 182 FF
Hi guys, quick question to anyone with this set-up on their 182. Is there a noticeable difference over the standard set-up as I may be looking to purchase.. Any help appreciated, cheers!:)

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Re: 182 Pure Motorsport top mounts& strut brace,worth it over standard rubber mounts?

Have a look at the search function as there is a few threads saying that they are a very good setup with noticable difference

clio 172 phase 2
Re: 182 Pure Motorsport top mounts& strut brace,worth it over standard rubber mounts?

got this kit on my 172 really good kit for the money well worth it

RB 182 FF

got this kit on my 172 really good kit for the money well worth it

I think it's a must for me now, managed to find a bit more info on it and had nothing but good reviews:) Does the car feel noticeably different then?! Im only using my car on road so no track days but when summer comes I enjoy a little thrash around the twisties where I live:D

Focus RS + S3

Im the same, go for the odd blast and i can honestly say it makes a noticeable difference, even for a slow driver like me

RB 182 FF

That's what I want to hear:) Cheers Hodgins looks like this will be my next purchase.....:D

Whats the cost of this mod including fitting?

Focus RS + S3

The package is £210 delivered for both mounts and the brace
unsure on fitting, but a quick call to the number on the website should help
nice guy to chat with on the phone :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Got this kit on my cup, awesome bit of kit!!! very well made and my car handles so well!

RB 182 FF

Got this kit on my cup, awesome bit of kit!!! very well made and my car handles so well!

It's a done deal then, this WILL be my next purchase, cheers for responses guys:D

I spent £360 on solid top mounts, and tbh i couldnt really tell that much difference at all really.

The standard mounts are still used on race cars iirc.

If it's just a road car then fitting solid topmounts is over kill IMO, I had ASTs on mine and on rough bumpy roads it drove me insane. On track it was a completely different story though.

RB 182 FF

If it's just a road car then fitting solid topmounts is over kill IMO, I had ASTs on mine and on rough bumpy roads it drove me insane. On track it was a completely different story though.

That's a very valid point I would imagine, however in my case I only use my 182 to pop up the road to work and then the rest of the time it's purely for pleasure so a harsh ride doesn't bother me. And in the summer I like a thrash around the Welsh twisties where I live so I think this kit is a must!:D However you have now prepared me for an inevitable harsh ride so cheers for the input, I can't say I wasn't warned...;)

I spent £360 on solid top mounts, and tbh i couldnt really tell that much difference at all really.

The standard mounts are still used on race cars iirc.

No they're not at all - check the clio cup cars they use the IDENTICAL kit to the pure motorsport setup
I noticed a huge difference in turn-in - much sharper

Also... £360???? Are you on crack?

That's a very valid point I would imagine, however in my case I only use my 182 to pop up the road to work and then the rest of the time it's purely for pleasure so a harsh ride doesn't bother me. And in the summer I like a thrash around the Welsh twisties where I live so I think this kit is a must!:D However you have now prepared me for an inevitable harsh ride so cheers for the input, I can't say I wasn't warned...;)

It's not that harsh really - just when you hit bumps it's a bit stiffer

It's not that harsh really - just when you hit bumps it's a bit stiffer

Can't comment about the pure motorsport mounts as I've never experienced them. The ASTs were way to harsh for road use, or that might be me getting old and not being able to take it lol.

Agree with you on the improvements though, as you say turn in is better, steering seems to react alot quicker too.

No they're not at all - check the clio cup cars they use the IDENTICAL kit to the pure motorsport setup
I noticed a huge difference in turn-in - much sharper

Also... £360???? Are you on crack?
I must have misread what Fred wrote in a similar thread a while ago then.

Yes i am, and tbh i felt no difference at all, maybe on track a little but for everyday use they were pointless. IMO

I suppose it depends what you pair them with

Mine's fitted with uprated wishbone, and ARB mounts and coilovers. Definitely noticed an improvement - much sharper steering response and turn in