ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Problems

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Hi Guys,

Picking up my 182 next week.....and after reading all the problems people have been having, knocking exhaust etc.... am a bit worried now that I should be keeping hold of my little 1.4 16v, shes never given my any problems....other than a dodgey electric window last year.

Does anyone have a 182 that is perfect ?.....need my confidence restored ....please help :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I had a faulty alarm.

and my engine cover rattled.

Thats it so far in 3000miles

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

I know mines not a 182, but after 9,000 miles in 4 months I can report the following problems...

1. The tyres wear out too quick :eek:
2. My license is no longer clean :mad:
3. I cant stop driving it (see above 2 points) fast :D

There are always lemons around, you may be lucky, you may not, but youll be grinning from ear to ear while you find out...

182 Spiced

I know the feeling! Having read about all these guys problems, the vision of free happy driving seems far off. I guess ill find out in a few weeks.

I guess with all the views. Your going to have a great time driving the RS but be prepared - as with that great fun, you steadily build a deep relationship with your local dealer.... which in many cases is NOT a good prospect.

You cant have it all with Reno I guess...???

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 29 March 2004

I had a faulty alarm.

and my engine cover rattled.

Thats it so far in 3000miles
Tom, when you say faulty alarm, in what respect. Also how did you find out that your engine cover that was rattling? I have noticed a slight rattling sound (which I dont think was there when I picked it up), which is only evident under acceleration. Was yours the same?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

the alarm had fused its mainboard. so it was f**ked. its aftermarket anyway so they just swapped the unit.

as for the engine cover yes it rattled from idle but i took it off

problem solved

dk

911 GTS Cab

after 1500 miles, rattling centre console, trim above the rear window hadnt been fitted properly and was rattling (refitted it myself), knocking sound from front when I take my foot off the accelerator in traffic, but who cares, everytime I drive it I have a fantastic time, it is never dull driving it!

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

yeah im sure im going to look like this -----> :D everytime i drive it !......kepp posting though, its good too know wha to look out for.

Has anyone noticed if any of the standard kit that the is supposed to be fitted is missing..........only asking coz when hubby picked up his golf there was stuff missing that the brochure said should be there.

GW Clio 200

Yes it does seem a little worrying, but thats what a 3 year warranty is for. If you get problems with your car you have help from your dealer to fix them.

Im not too worried as people said the same thing to me when I got my Cup and I havent had any problems with it.

I visit a Peugeot site now and again and there are people who are having servere problems with them also. We shall see in good time I suppose.

I have covered 2500 miles in my 182 and no real problems apart from the ABS light coming on now and again. This seems to be cured by re-starting the car. Has anyone else had this problem?

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

I guess evey make has problems and when you are on a specific site only hearing about a specific make, you are bound to hear problems and its not that renno are any worse than anyone else its just that thats all we are talking about ...obviously....

feeling better...and I am dead excited about next monday!!

:)

dk

911 GTS Cab

mine had the front splitter missing and is on order from france, still waiting after 2 weeks!

No probs after 820 miles, hanging onto a wooden desk as I type. I had not even noticed the relays clicking until I read it on here and now I can here them everytime.

Really good so far and it got better last night. Run in now!!

GW Clio 200

Yeah my dealer never fitted the splitter on my cup either when I picked it up. I never bothered to chase them up on that, I will do though with my 182.

I thought it came unattachedd and the dealer fitted them, that is what I have been lead to believe anyway...

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I have had problems with my splitter,it wasnt fitted properly when i collected it but they sorted it out there and then,however one corner looks loose so ill pop in and get them to sort it.

It had a scratch on the front when i picked it up,they booked it into the body shop and sorted it,cant even see where it was now.

Also the day after i picked it up one of the shields underneath the engine came loose and was hanging off and dragging along the floor,sorted out by the dealer,apparently it had a clip or something that came loose or wasnt fitted correctly.

All minor stuff really,i would never expect it to be perfect,not to bothered about small stuff so long as its sorted out quickly without fuss,which they did.None of that has spoilt the experience,im like a cheshire cat everytime i look at it before i even get in !

Quote: Originally posted by Jools182 on 29 March 2004

apart from the ABS light coming on now and again. This seems to be cured by re-starting the car. Has anyone else had this problem?

Ive heard of many makes of cars with this problem, my Pug included. A common fix is to chop off the connector under the seat and solder the wires together. Sorted mine by doing this, it seems the connector quality is poor.

As for Pugs having big problems - theyre exactly the same as Renaults. Some are friday afternoon cars, others - like mine - have been an absolute pleasure to own. Even VWs and BMWs have their bad days too, so dont single out the puggers!

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

thanks for all your responses guys...think im just going to grin and bare it.....im sure there will be more grinning than baring !!

and besides if i do get any problems im sure the dealer will sort it out and atleast ill know im not alone and can chat to all you guys and girlies if necessary.

feeling much better now.........everything always seems worse on a monday morning!

thanks again.........

Angi xxx ;)

Orange 182

Angi are you getting yours next Monday (the 5th) then? I rang renault today with a heavy heart expecting my fourth delay but to my delight they told me I can pick mine up next Monday!! I was absolutley buzzing in work, people are probably sick of me talking about it...

I must admit I am a tad worried about potential problems too. My other cars to date have never once had serious problems, so if things start going wrong I wont know what to do! ;)

This may be a daft question but... I live in Cheshire and Im picking mine up from Portsmouth (saving on delivery). Will i just be able to take my 182 to my nearest Renault dealer for servicing and to fix any problems, which of course will never happen! :D

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Hi Trail,

yeah monday 5th.......it was due to be delivered that week but they brought it forward and its suppose to be delivered on thursday this week....so i can pick it up on monday......keeping my fingers crossed !!! have booked the morning off work to go get it !......went into renault on saturday to get a new wiper for my Si (nowhere else does the bloody things) popped over to sales to check whether thay had had any brochures in yet as Ive never seen one...and the guys says that my car delivery date has been brought forward....didnt believe him at first, was expecting the opposite!.......he let me pick my number plate while i was there too......managed to get BVB...which is kinda like BUB !!....close enough anyway.......I havent stopped grinning yet ! :D

dont see why you cant take it to a local dealer.........i bought my Si at a dealer that went bust and now take it to a different one for servicing etc...and theyve never been bothered......just happy to take my money i think ! :D....renault is just renault i think.......if u moved house theyd have to let u take it to another dealer....

what colour and options have you gone for ?

Orange 182

ah cool, its a bit freaky really cos mine was supposed to be next week too. But they tell me its being delivered on Thursday so I can pick up on the Monday... exactly the same :D.

Good point about the dealer, apparently the one near to me isnt too bad either. A bloke where I work takes his Laguna there and says they are ok.

Ive gone for the Arctic Blue with cup suspension and spolier pack. How about you?

Quote: Originally posted by huw182 on 29 March 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Jools182 on 29 March 2004

apart from the ABS light coming on now and again. This seems to be cured by re-starting the car. Has anyone else had this problem?

Ive heard of many makes of cars with this problem, my Pug included. A common fix is to chop off the connector under the seat and solder the wires together. Sorted mine by doing this, it seems the connector quality is poor.

As for Pugs having big problems - theyre exactly the same as Renaults. Some are friday afternoon cars, others - like mine - have been an absolute pleasure to own. Even VWs and BMWs have their bad days too, so dont single out the puggers!

thats the airbag light not the abs light fella. last time i checked they dont wire the abs up to the seat, although it is renault....

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

this is all too freaky it must be blue week !!.....

ive gone for the artic blue with cup suspension......didnt know what the spoiler looked like so didnt go for it........have only ever seen a silver one with cup suspension......it didnt have the spolier.

Wonder if mine is coming in on the same shipment !?!

Orange 182

hehe cool. Thankfully Ive seen the exact car Ive ordered at a dealer which was a while ago now though! It was just enough to whet my appetite and make the last few weeks of waiting a living hell! Especially as I sold my old car quite quickly, my girlfriend is sick of playing taxi for me ;).

Its very likely they are on the same shipment I guess. I was told mine is sat in the import centre in Southampton at the moment, so I bet yours is there too. I was so tempted to drive 250 miles down to Southampton to stand at the gate and try and catch a glimpse! ;) (I aint that sad really).

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

i know that feeling.......this week is going to drag !.......:(

but hey, look what well have this time next week !!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

let me know when you get it......itll be nice to know the wait is over !