ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 potential purchaser questions.

Silverstone GP
Having previously owned a 172, albeit a while ago, and now finding my RX8 PZ highly impractical, rapidly
aging and too expensive to run it in my new job, I thought a return to cheaper, more justifiable thrills
might be in order. The no cost motoring article in last months evo stirred my 172 memories and reminded
me that I always hankered after the 182, which wasn't available when I got the 172.
Anyway, should I look for a 182 cup, a cup/cup or hold out for a Trophy? What are the substantive

differences and what should I be looking out for?
Sorry to load so many numpty questions into one post but, to be honest, I've literally only just decided

to take the plunge to part with my much loved PZ and I haven't got any info to go on.
Anything/everything welcome. Thanks.
--
Go placidly amidst the noise and haste............

Stripped yozza'd cup
If you plan on keeping it standard, buy a trophy.
If you're going to mod it, buy a 182 but DO NOT buy a cup. You'll have a nightmare trying to find coilovers for it.

Impreza Wagon
182 with both cup packs is the best option. Cup pack 1 is uprated suspension and anthracite alloy wheels, Cup pack 2 is front splitter (usually missing) replacement from Skoda is £12 and a larger rear spoiler. You'll also get all the usual bits like climate control, auto xenons, auto wipers, cat 1 alarm, leather/alcantara seats etc.

A 182 cup will have both cup packs as standard however you'll get cloth seats, no xenons etc. It's basically a basic spec 182 to shave a few pounds and iirc it was reasonably cheaper when purchased from new?

Silverstone GP
It looks like a 182 with both cup packs it is then, a good blend of fun and habitability. (is that a word?) I was edging that way anyway, in my minimal wisdom, but it's good to have you guys confirm it as a good option. Right, anybody know of or got a good 'un that they're looking to sell?

PS, anybody who is after a good example RX8 PZ, I know of one on the Auto Trader and RX8 Owners Club UK sites, a bit of a bargain I hear, the owners a really nice fella! ;)

Clio 200 Cup packed
if i was buying another 182, it would have to be a trophy.

like said above though, dont mod it. such cars need to be kept in their original state imo.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Doesn't the 182 with cup packs have the stupid hub bolt hole spacing? If there is even the slightest chance of you buying coilovers, then don't get the cup.

Impreza Wagon
Coilovers are still available for the 182 cup packed models but not as many brands. I'm pretty sure k-tec do a version for both models?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
182 cup

and

182 with cup packs

are very different.

is there anywhere on the forum that will mention the actual differences other than seats climate controll and xeons as i cant find anything and would love to know the actual differences.