ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Performance

Civic Type R EK9
Do you think its just because im not used to it?? but i dont think my 182 feels that fast for sum reason

Lionel Richie
check if the CAT to centre section is blowing, this has a dramatic effect on performance (more than a usual blowing exhaust)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^ would explain why mine felt faster after redoing the cat gasket, you get my pm fred?

Civic Type R EK9
i had a civic type r wasnt much faster just felt it!!

Fred hows the best way to check this?? i will go look now

Lionel Richie
erm stick yer head under the car with the engine running and get a mate to put his hands over the tailpipes

BMW M3
check if the CAT to centre section is blowing, this has a dramatic effect on performance (more than a usual blowing exhaust)

Yeah, mine has been like that for a while and im just too lazy to get under it. Will sort it next week. Oh, and while your here fred... do you have any of those single piece clamps for that section and not the 'upgraded' 2 piece clamps renault now provides ?

Civic Type R EK9
just put my hands over exhaust and it tries to blow my hands off the exhausts doesnt seem to be blowing

Lionel Richie
yeah if you've got hissing you have a leak, its best to do it in the morning when the car is stone cold as you'll see water dripping from the leak

Scirocco GT 210

Does this apply to 172 exhausts too? Because I think mine may to blowing a little. There is also some black stuff (looks like soot, so carbon deposits?) in a spread-out-fan pattern on the pipe where the exhaust joins the CAT. Not a huge amount, but it's there.

Lionel Richie
it doesn't seem to effect 172 for some odd reason, its only been noticable on 182's

still no car should have a blowing exhaust

black soot around joins = blow

Civic Type R EK9
I would imagine its blowing then mate as how else would it be there the exhaust is obviously sealed until end.

I dont think mine is blowing the car has only done 15000 and is in mint cond

Lionel Richie
its quite normal for 182's to have a slight blow

nearly every 182 i've seen has a slight blow between manifold and CAT

Civic Type R EK9
yeh i will leave it until its really noticeable!! also fred is decatting worth it with std exhaust will i notice performance diff etc?

ST
Get a Yozzasport cat back system on and you'll be laughing it frees up the engine no end...single best mod i've ever done...it flys up the box with a rather nice tone to it...

A quick vid of mine:
th_MOV00749.jpg

BMW M3
we use a 2piece one on it Justin, but we silicone the joint first

Silicone. Thats an ace idea !! Is there anything special i need to look for or just regular silicone. Is it not effected by the heat fred ?

The reason i thought the single piece was better is because its been rubbish ever since the 2 piece was fitted and ive relocated it more times then i could count, without any real chane.

Think ill have another go over the weekend as its sounds very 'farty' just now unless i gun it everywhere lol

VRS
we use a 2piece one on it Justin, but we silicone the joint first

Silicone. Thats an ace idea !! Is there anything special i need to look for or just regular silicone. Is it not effected by the heat fred ?

The reason i thought the single piece was better is because its been rubbish ever since the 2 piece was fitted and ive relocated it more times then i could count, without any real chane.

Think ill have another go over the weekend as its sounds very 'farty' just now unless i gun it everywhere lol

most places use silicone these days, i just nicked some of the bathroom silicone sealent that my mum had lol

B

Brown.

type r feels faster cos it has none .....then lots.....clio has some then more...get ma drift...hot weather too makes em sluggish...low air pressure n the like

Mondeo STTDCI
Fred, when I had my system fitted and went to see Yoz a few weeks after he drove it and said "Its really responsive". Direct quote. I'll never forget them words.

So how much does a decat actually gain you reckon?