ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 or 197??

Clio 1.4 16v
I'm 21 in a few months time, can't wait as it will be new car time!! YAY.

Popped to the local Renault dealer at the weekend, looked at a few second hand 182's, and a brand new 197.

Asked about prices, which is where I was confused, it will actually cost me more for a 182 because there is a percentage rate on used car finance, where as a new car from them would have 0% finance.

So, a 197 would be £233 a month for 48 months (after initial deposit)
and a 182 would be £247 a month

If I was going to go for a 182 I would probably end up buying privately and get a good example.

ATM I am swung with the 197, being group 15 insurance as oppose to group 17, new car with three year warranty, and Recarro seats!!!

What would all you guys advise, which is the better drive? What will I be more pleased with in the long run??

I wouldn't get it on finance or buy one at that price.

If the choice was like that price wise humm 197 personaly with the recaros.

Rsport182Cup'd
182 all the way so much better than the 197 IMO, not keen on the some what sluggish 197, even commented on in this months French car mag, read the comparisons to help you choose

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
yeah 182 cos its mint, but if u want a modern car defo the 197 i love them tbf but no more than i love 172\182's

aaahhh i just dont know

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
haha no i am not lol.

jus like the 197 and the meggy is mint, but i rekon its more a family car, not taking anythin away from it cos i freikin love them, but compared to a 182 etc you knowwwww lol

Dyson
Having driven both and lots and lots of cars in my time, I think the 197 is a fantastic car but its not a "fun" as the 182.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Personally - 182. The 197's engine doesn't feel as good to drive, it's nowhere near as nippy and the interior doesn't feel as nice a place to be as the 182 FF.

IMO (which seems to be something the world hates at the moment!) the jewel in the new Clio's crown is the 138 like my old dear's just bought. The interior is still fairly cheap looking compared (christ!) but there's less focus on it not living up to it's predecessor and more focus on the fact that it's a hatchback that you can actually use on the motorway without knocking the bottom out of the thing.

LY V6 with Recaros
Personally I prefer the 182, much more fun to drive, cheaper and you get all the options from the 197 as standard on the 182. And it looks nicer. IMO, I'd go for the megane over the 197, much nicer.

its only a car and a piece of metal, sorry im hurting from the bill of my 36k service wait for the cup 197 or get a 225 they look beautiful

i personally prefer the 182, but if you have the cash, the 225 is an awesome car..

i dont think i would buy a 182 from a dealer so you will be able to get it ch7 is tempting with 0% when you arent upgrading from the 182

Meg on pistonheads £6995
you can get a MINT '55' 182 with a 4K on the clock for 10995!!

with a private sale of yours (4K?), you're only looking @ 7K

a decent loan (I got 5.5% with Zopa) will cost you:

- £160 a month over 48

- £213 over 36

AND the car would be 100% yours @ end.

*** ALL THOSE DEALER FINANCES FINISH WITH A BALLOON - MIGHT STILL OWE 3k IN 4 YEARS!! ***

106 GTi
Looks red to me?

IMG_3435.jpg

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
lets mix it up a bit in here shall we...

if your a chav, buy a 172 mk2. If your aspiring to be a chav buy a 182 as that will be chav car of choice very soon. if you want to be a chav in 2 years buy the 197. :clown:

edit - if you want the slowest RS, get the 172 mk2 lol! ;)

al

ST on the way...
...and if you want to be sensible, buy a Golf GTI or a Cooper S.

OMG did I just say that?!?! :S

al

ST on the way...
:dapprove:

It's ok........i'll go stand in the corner before I use the "H" word :S

Meg on pistonheads £6995
buy a Reno BUT keep 10 miles from a Reno dealer

even the warranty is safe if use a VAT reg garage and genuine parts.

I am very proud to say that my car has been nowhere near a dealer in about 30K

Clio 1.4 16v
TBH, never even thought of a different car, but would be more than willing to trial any others.

I ultimately wan't speed, but reliablility and gadgets are important, any suggestions??

133/225/CLS AMG
182 all the way mate, the finance deals they offer aren't all they are cracked up to be. You may pay less per month but thats just delaying paying it probably.

Get a decent, low mileage 182 for around the £10k mark and pay it over 4 years. Won't cost you that much per month and you'll own it at the end.

Those balloon payment typ schemes means you either give the car back or take out another loan to pay the remainder off!! Sounds like a pants deal to me! lol

Golf 7R
Best of both worlds, ideally id opt for the R26 230 with 0% finance, you still get your warrenty, and sound in the knowledge you have a fantastic hatch rather than just the dissapointment that is the 197!